TC Thread/Bills releasing players to get to 80.

Trentwannabe

To me its going to be more then just 1 player.

I want to see how the chemistry is with Diggs and Allen, I want to see how Diggs interacts with the players and to know whether or not he is going to be an issue down the road. I know he is no AB or OBJ but he has a bit of diva in him and I want to see if he fully embraces the Bills culture and will be a guy here for awhile with no distractions or will the honeymoon stage end faster then him being traded?

Robert Foster is a guy who has an uphill battle will he show that he is meant to be on this team or will he give up? I have seen him on the sideline in games where he just doesnt look focused in and doesnt seem to be invested in the team, whether that is him not giving 100% or its because he isn't interested as he doesnt get a shot at playing much. The Wr corps in general is got to be something to follow closely as they have several great options but only a handful of players they can keep at this position. Does Davis and Hodgins land a spot over vets like Duke, Foster, Mckenzie or do they falter and become a wasted pick. I am hoping Davis becomes the #4 on this team and a future #2/3

I want to see what Daryl Williams brings to the table for competition at RT will he Ford, or Ty win it. If Daryl wins out will Ty get the axe and/or will Ford be moved to permanent backup duties for both RG and RT.

Norman vs Levi who will win the #2 battle at CB

The Kicking battle both Punter and Kicker.

A lot can be discussed along the dline but I want to see where and how often Quinton Jefferson lines up. I have been hearing a lot of unknowns where he will strictly be playing 3 tech or will he be put outside at LDE rotating with AJ at times too. Which means Murphy is the oddman out

Brian Daboll on how he handles the offense moving forward will we see new things, different formations, or will we continue to see the head scratchers like Dimarco spreading out wide to go deep?

Edited by soflbillsfan

On 6/10/2020 at 2:43 PM, Maxmw22 said:

AJ Epenesa. He dropped because a lot of teams didn't think he had the speed or strength to be an NFL pass rusher, I am curious how he does against NFL level players

I'm hoping he's one of those guys that has a long steady career that is flashy some years and others just really solid. Like an Aaron Schobel.

On 6/10/2020 at 4:29 PM, soflbillsfan said:

Robert Foster is a guy who has an uphill battle will he show that he is meant to be on this team or will he give up? I have seen him on the sideline in games where he just doesnt look focused in and doesnt seem to be invested in the team, whether that is him not giving 100% or its because he isn't interested as he doesnt get a shot at playing much. The Wr corps in general is got to be something to follow closely as they have several great options but only a handful of players they can keep at this position. Does Davis and Hodgins land a spot over vets like Duke, Foster, Mckenzie or do they falter and become a wasted pick. I am hoping Davis becomes the #4 on this team and a future #2/3

Foster was a guy I almost put too. If he is able to turn it on in year 3 like a lot of guys have in the past, he has a real shot to make the roster. He looked like a core special teamer last year. 

Also as for Daboll. I think he is getting underrated. Last year came down to execution more than anything. Speaking on that one play in particular, If a FB going out wide and shows us the D is in Man and him running a 9 route attracts 2 or 3 defenders, the play call was correct, the decision making by Josh was not. 

8 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

I'm really interested to see who wins the RT spot. Ty vs D Williams vs Ford. It's going to be interesting. 

I think Ford will have to be downright awful or one of those veterans will have to show something they haven't in years to unseat Cody. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I'm hoping he's one of those guys that has a long steady career that is flashy some years and others just really solid. Like an Aaron Schobel.

Foster was a guy I almost put too. If he is able to turn it on in year 3 like a lot of guys have in the past, he has a real shot to make the roster. He looked like a core special teamer last year. 

Also as for Daboll. I think he is getting underrated. Last year came down to execution more than anything. Speaking on that one play in particular, If a FB going out wide and shows us the D is in Man and him running a 9 route attracts 2 or 3 defenders, the play call was correct, the decision making by Josh was not. 

I think Ford will have to be downright awful or one of those veterans will have to show something they haven't in years to unseat Cody. 

Ty was solid for us last year. The line got noticeably worse when he got injured. Of course his age is worrisome, tho.

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

Ty was solid for us last year. The line got noticeably worse when he got injured. Of course his age is worrisome, tho.

I never noticed much of a difference from series to series between him and Ford. Neither were particularly strong in pass pro.

I think his age and injury concerns from last year vs. the progression of Ford as the year went on give him the leg up. 

16 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Dabool had many head scratching plays going deep on 3rd down and short on several shots was just not the right call. He has made some bonehead mistakes on play calling even on ones that ended up working in his favor as the play was completed but a lot of these deep or long drawn out plays has hurt Allen as it takes time for these WR to complete the route and by that time Allen is running for his life. I just used the Dimarco as one of the more obvious play calls that were awful.

If Darryl Williams starts the offseason as he did in 2018 I think he has an easy shot to take the RT. Ford played decent last year but has a long way to go and he cause some key drives to fizzle out. Not blaming him on the penalty in the playoffs because it was excessive however that is stuff he needs to overcome. I will not be disappointed or shocked if him or Williams starts week 1 at RT, I will however be shocked if it is Ty which means that both Williams and Ford both failed miserably at competing in the position which does not bode well for Fords future.

20 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I hope so. I will admit I haven't watched a ton of film on the guy, but when I look at his body size and physical attributes, the first guy that comes to mind is Chris Kelsay.

6 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

I hope so. I will admit I haven't watched a ton of film on the guy, but when I look at his body size and physical attributes, the first guy that comes to mind is Chris Kelsay.

I forgot all about Kelsay. I remember him not being well liked by fans lol.

10 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

abool had many head scratching plays going deep on 3rd down and short on several shots was just not the right call. He has made some bonehead mistakes on play calling even on ones that ended up working in his favor as the play was completed but a lot of these deep or long drawn out plays has hurt Allen as it takes time for these WR to complete the route and by that time Allen is running for his life. I just used the Dimarco as one of the more obvious play calls that were awful

but what OC doesn’t have questionable calls? Every fan base rips in their OC or DC. I don’t think Daboll is some genius but I think people get on him because it’s easier to do than call out Allen for his play and decision making or McDermott for his conservative approach. 

Im going Dawson Knox. I think he will be our xfactor for the season. If he can turn into a probowl level talent i think he puts Bills as a superbowl contender. We are great or good at every other position. Him emerging as yet another weapon for Allen would be amazing for our offense. And we already know we will have an elite defense. He will be the key from being a really good team to an elite team

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Im going Dawson Knox. I think he will be our xfactor for the season. If he can turn into a probowl level talent i think he puts Bills as a superbowl contender. We are great or good at every other position. Him emerging as yet another weapon for Allen would be amazing for our offense. And we already know we will have an elite defense. He will be the key from being a really good team to an elite team

I think Knox will be a top 5 tight end in the league within two years 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 3:25 PM, marshawn lynch said:

On 6/17/2020 at 7:39 PM, bigbadbuff said:

I think Knox will be a top 5 tight end in the league within two years 

I hope you both are right.

Knox could help Allen and this offense go to a whole other level. 

On 6/12/2020 at 8:43 PM, Trentwannabe said:

I forgot all about Kelsay. I remember him not being well liked by fans lol.

but what OC doesn’t have questionable calls? Every fan base rips in their OC or DC. I don’t think Daboll is some genius but I think people get on him because it’s easier to do than call out Allen for his play and decision making or McDermott for his conservative approach. 

The conservative approach is due to the lack of offense with Allen progressing and Daboll trying to make something of it. I think Allen is to blame at times but I also see long drawn out plays that force allen to sit there to long in which he either runs for his life, gets sacked or chucks it up as either a horrible pass or an int. I want to blame daboll more then allen is because he should know better to make plays that will make Allen stronger and put him in a situation for the wr/te/rb to make the play rather then allen. Shorter faster routes would be best and he does these crazy long ones. 3rd and short I have seen time and time again that daboll tries to go for the homerun by throwing deep rather then a quick play up the middle for a 1st down. I blame allen 40% of the 3 and outs they had last year and 60% on Daboll as the plays that were drawn up were awful and what caused them to stall and end up punting to many times last year leaving points off the board when they could have had something or kept the drive alive. 

On 6/22/2020 at 10:17 AM, soflbillsfan said:

The conservative approach is due to the lack of offense with Allen progressing and Daboll trying to make something of it. I think Allen is to blame at times but I also see long drawn out plays that force allen to sit there to long in which he either runs for his life, gets sacked or chucks it up as either a horrible pass or an int. I want to blame daboll more then allen is because he should know better to make plays that will make Allen stronger and put him in a situation for the wr/te/rb to make the play rather then allen. Shorter faster routes would be best and he does these crazy long ones. 3rd and short I have seen time and time again that daboll tries to go for the homerun by throwing deep rather then a quick play up the middle for a 1st down. I blame allen 40% of the 3 and outs they had last year and 60% on Daboll as the plays that were drawn up were awful and what caused them to stall and end up punting to many times last year leaving points off the board when they could have had something or kept the drive alive. 

These long drawn out plays could also be a cause of WR's/TE not getting off a jam or getting open. There are a lot of moving pieces in an offense, as you know. To simply blame Daboll for all of it or 60% of it is oversimplifying the issue IMO. Also Allen himself said he won't be Mr. Checkdown. So how many of the plays that are long and drawn out are actually a case of Allen not going to his checkdown? 

Either way, Daboll or Allen have little wiggle room for excuses this season. The offense needs to take a big jump.