TC Thread/Bills releasing players to get to 80.

Trentwannabe

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

So I heard the nfl is allowing each team to have 4 spots saved on Psquad that protects them that teams can not poach off of this year. If that is the case I could see them sending Fromm to Psquad as one of those slots.

I also heard the bills only need to get to 81 because 1 spot is designated to wade for International. With Mcphin and ray ray gone they only need to cut 5 more before the deadline

Fromm and Hodgins make sense here if this happens.

45 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

wasn't sure if I should put it in here or the non bills talk thread as it can pertain to both. Players are starting to opt out more and more for covid taking the 150k guarantee or the 350k high risk depending on the player. I am putting it in here because I am curious if there is any bills players that will take this and if so who do you think? I know diggs and Hausch have voiced their concern, I know Hausch is on the bubble so I wouldnt be shocked he takes the 150k guarantee and sits out a year while collecting his funds next offseason if cut. I am concerned with Diggs more then Hausch because Diggs is what we centered around this offseason and would be a major blow if he does decide to sit this one out. Health of course is what matters and I have no problem with those who are of high risk or family members who are but I just hope people do not take advantage and just bail for no real reason.

Diggs is in Buffalo so I don't think he is going to opt out. I think his biggest concern was how testing and stuff would work. Which the NFLPA took care of.

58 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Time for Harrison Phillips and Vernon Butler 

I get it but that stinks cause that means that his cap hits will hit at a different time which I am not a fan of wanting him around long term. On the other hand it means more time for Butler to shine which could mean he could be a long term guy or just a 1 year guy based on his performance and one less guy to get to 80

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I get it but that stinks cause that means that his cap hits will hit at a different time which I am not a fan of wanting him around long term. On the other hand it means more time for Butler to shine which could mean he could be a long term guy or just a 1 year guy based on his performance and one less guy to get to 80

I read his cap hit next year will actually be lower but yeah having him on the roster in 2022 is not ideal. I imagine we’ll find a way out of it.

15 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Good thing the season doesnt start for another 4 weeks, siran seems to be a lock no matter what as he has been a solid contributor and knows the play book. Dane however may be one of those guys who just doesnt have a chance and will get a protected psquad spot. They should be good to go in a couple of weeks hopefully.

Edited by soflbillsfan

Well Feliciano just had surgery on his chest meaning he will be out for a significant amount of time and the oline just got weaker. Ford will likely step in, I would say go after Warford but he announced he will not play due to covid. Hopefully Daryl Williams steps in at RT and Ford will be forced to play RG, this may be a blessing for long term as we will find out whether or not he can be the anchor at RG as Feliciano is set to his the FA in 2021 offseason.

7 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Well Feliciano just had surgery on his chest meaning he will be out for a significant amount of time and the oline just got weaker. Ford will likely step in, I would say go after Warford but he announced he will not play due to covid. Hopefully Daryl Williams steps in at RT and Ford will be forced to play RG, this may be a blessing for long term as we will find out whether or not he can be the anchor at RG as Feliciano is set to his the FA in 2021 offseason.

Not sure why people think Williams is an upgrade at RT. He may be able to regain form but I seriously doubt it. I think he is best now as a swing G/T depth.

I see Long  stepping in at RG with Boehm or Boetteger as the swing G/C. Ford absolutely could do it, but why stunt his growth at RT for two old often injured guys in Williams and Nsehke? 

32 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Not sure why people think Williams is an upgrade at RT. He may be able to regain form but I seriously doubt it. I think he is best now as a swing G/T depth.

I see Long  stepping in at RG with Boehm or Boetteger as the swing G/C. Ford absolutely could do it, but why stunt his growth at RT for two old often injured guys in Williams and Nsehke? 

Well you have to look at what is more comfortable for Ford to play in and experts who breakdown oline are saying he is better suited at RG in 2019. If that means he is better off there in 2020 then they need to do it. Long term the Bills need to answer RG and RT so if Ford is a guy they have locked in on one of those positions and actually keeping him there then I am all for it. I think Daryl could handle starting at RT he has history showing he is more then capable of holding that  spot down. Injury and then coaching put him out of position making him play at LT and LG at times last year cost his stock to drop but the tape of him being at RT says he is an upgrade. At this point with the way you mention 10 oline rule I expect them to hold on to long and Boehm now since feliciano went down but I am not happy with Long coming in and starting at RG as I would be with Ford and Daryl on the rightside.