TNF: Bears @ Packers

Herbie_Hancock

6 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I'm aware of that rule which in that case I get why a flag was thrown but like it has been mentioned it sure as heck isn't enforced a lot. The ref didn't even throw the flag until he saw Adams on the floor. It's hardly enforced. 

Keep pounding, Kip B|

59 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Umm I did not see the rules you're referring to, it's not me ignoring them. The only rule im aware of is the crown of the helmet rule which does apply here. 

You said according to the rules he is not defenseless. This certainly means that you've read all the rules, right?

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You said according to the rules he is not defenseless. This certainly means that you've read all the rules, right?

No it means Im going off a different rule or old rule by which if you're a runner you are defenseless. That was before I came across the crown of the helmet rule that was introduced in 2015

12 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

You just said that hit could've killed him which theoretically is true. So can a lot of other hits, yet  you accuse me of going to extremes?

It didn't cross the line, what you guys are looking at is the result of the hit. I am just able to separate the hit and the result of the hit. And while I think it was unnecessary, im not going to lengths of dirty. Could careless if you or others disagree with me. 

The result of the hit is BECAUSE of the severity and viciousness of the hit.

Adam's whole helmet literally compressed from the hit.

Are you telling me you aren't able to differentiate between the increased likelihood of serious injury and/or death from this hit vs. say, a standard tackle?

14 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

The result of the hit is BECAUSE of the severity and viciousness of the hit.

Adam's whole helmet literally compressed from the hit.

Are you telling me you aren't able to differentiate between the increased likelihood of serious injury and/or death from this hit vs. say, a standard tackle?

I'm not comparing it to a standard tackle. It's a collision sport where ferocious hits are part of the game. Some get up and some guys aren't as fortunate. 

The result of the hit is due to bad timing. That's what led to the severity. 

18 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Just no.

People act like this a regular occurrence and second of all act as if those hits that happen very infrequently in today's game are the ones that lead to health issues down the road. They've already put rules in place that prohibit you for leading with the crown of the helmet and that's a sufficient deterrent. This was an unfortunate case of bad timing. 

OBJ should've gotten a flag for that hit. Nothing more. A fine would've been excessive and a suspension would've been beyond absurd.

That was no accident imo. Deliberate act, Trevathan should be suspended. 

OBJ should've been fined, illegal block in the back resulting in a concussion. A 10y penalty hardly seems fair for losing a player due to an illegal action. 

5 hours ago, Marc MacGyver said:

That was no accident imo. Deliberate act, Trevathan should be suspended. 

OBJ should've been fined, illegal block in the back resulting in a concussion. A 10y penalty hardly seems fair for losing a player due to an illegal action. 

Get outta here man. This is just getting silly now. 

No accident? So he was aiming for the head? Seriously. 

And OBJ, you can see he was going for the side but he mistimed and the angle wasn't in his favour. Odell wasn't trying to concuss him. How's he meant to know it would lead to him falling where his head would contact the runners hip or what have you.

Archived