TNF: Bears @ Packers

Herbie_Hancock

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

as dirty of a hit as that was, by rule im pretty sure its not a penalty.

That's absolutely a penalty, especially when the league has been advocating player safety.  Laughable that people think that's not a penalty.

Just now, CWood21 said:

He literally led with the crown of his helmet at Davante Adams' head, I really hope that's just a poor attempt at a joke by you.

It's not a joke. Do you watch college football? Guys get booted for weak calls all the time. One bad play like that doesn't mean you should implement a rule that will be butchered by the refs. Stop being reactionary.

Just now, Pats#1 said:

Did he hit him with the top of the helmet?

I mean yea he was going down, but was he down?

I'm not saying it wasn't late or dirty...was legit asking if I missed a launch or something. 

clear launch and spear at the tail end of a play on a runner that was immobilized and going down 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:
2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Everything about that was bad.  He deserves a suspension, will only get a fine.  NFL needs to implement the targeting rule.

Pass. I don't want guys getting booted out of games for that. It's bad enough in college.

There are so many things I could say to that that would result in me being banned. How can you possibly think that. THe guy targeted his head and launched the crown of his helmet into him. He wasnt even going down.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Pass. I don't want guys getting booted out of games for that. It's bad enough in college.

That was more than worth of an ejection tho. I support targeting as well but the ejection being determined by the malice, intent, and recklessness of said hit

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Who cares. He earned that flag. Don't even try to defend that.

I'm not defending it, I'm legit asking a question.

Looking at more replays yea it was late I just didn't get the "hitting a runner in the helmet" call from the ref.

At full speed it just looked like a huge hit.

Just now, jrry32 said:

It's not a joke. Do you watch college football? Guys get booted for weak calls all the time. One bad play like that doesn't mean you should implement a rule that will be butchered by the refs. Stop being reactionary.

So...it's okay to let players lead with the crown of their helmets at another players head?  Glad to know that overall player safety is less important than watching some player get ejected for putting a players health at risk.  Good to know where your priorities are.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Ask Elway why he took the job.

Cause he is an incessant competitor.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Everything about that was bad.  He deserves a suspension, will only get a fine.  NFL needs to implement the targeting rule.

No.  I despise that college targeting rule.  Review it after the game and decide.  

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Did he hit him with the top of the helmet?

I mean yea he was going down, but was he down?

I'm not saying it wasn't late or dirty...was legit asking if I missed a launch or something. 

Yes, He led with the crown of his helmet at full speed into a stopped runner's helmet.

3 minutes ago, Onizuka said:

Well I think with the delayed flag and Adams not getting up, they knew it was probably an illegal hit. Also watching that reply, Adams was already stopped and in the process of being brought down.

Yea it was late...was just confused by the refs wording. 

Archived