TNF: Bears @ Packers

Herbie_Hancock

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

So because CFB refs use the rule too loosely, it's a bad rule?  For a league that has been sued for a multi-billion (I believe) dollar lawsuit, player safety has to come first.

Just expanded on my comment.

I think suspensions should be decided after the game.  Because a hit like that deserves one.  But I don't agree with the in-game suspension for grazing a helmet.  Harsher punishments for the legitimately dangerous hits.  I think the system is too reactive in its current form.  

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So because CFB refs use the rule too loosely, it's a bad rule?  For a league that has been sued for a multi-billion (I believe) dollar lawsuit, player safety has to come first.

Dude, provide some actual evidence that it makes any difference for player safety to have ejections instead of personal fouls. You know what...I don't care. It's not worth the time to debate this. You'll throw a major temper tantrum the first time a key Packers player gets ejected for an unintentional hit to the head. Don't use player safety as a crutch for your weak argument.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Just expanded on my comment.

I think suspensions should be decided after the game.  Because a hit like that deserves one.  But I don't agree with the in-game suspension for grazing a helmet.  Harsher punishments for the legitimately dangerous hits.  I think the system is too reactive in its current form.  

The NFL isn't going to suspend a player, let's be real about this.  LIS, if you have issues with implementation then tweak the rule.  You get called for a targeting call in the game, you're allowed to play and if you receive a 2nd one during the game you're immediately ejected.  At the end of the week's game, the NFL reviews those targeting calls AND if the player is deemed to have illegally "targeting" that player, he is automatically suspended the next week.  Your complaints are with the implementation of the rule, not the reason the rule in place.

Archived