BobbyPhil1781

Raiders Rookie, Lynn Bowden Jr's, Home Raided by DEA - No Arrests, No Charges Filed

Posted (edited)

It wasn’t Bowdens home, it’s owned by a relative and Bowden was just staying there.

No arrests have been made. 

Edited by Dome

Eh he's a 3rd rounder and he supposedley didn't do anything illegal.

I question his choices to bring his kid to a place with " loaded assault weapons". But if ya gotta stay with family I guess there's not much you can do. 

1 hour ago, Dome said:

It wasn’t Bowdens home, it’s owned by a relative and Bowden was just staying there.

No arrests have been made. 

Good, immediate news, but I'm curious to see what else they find. Hoping it's nothing but we will find out, I'm sure. After the Ruggs incident, I'm just concerned for all these guys lol

There is a great article about Bowden, concerning that neighbourhood he grew up in and where he still has friends and family. Not surprised to see this kind of news, but I just hope there is nothing else to it.

Really wanted to see him in Baltimore as I think he is a very intriguing prospect with a lot of upside.

37 minutes ago, Danand said:

There is a great article about Bowden, concerning that neighbourhood he grew up in and where he still has friends and family. Not surprised to see this kind of news, but I just hope there is nothing else to it.

Really wanted to see him in Baltimore as I think he is a very intriguing prospect with a lot of upside.

I didn't know much about his backstory. That certainly could've explained a lot. I just hope the kid stays out of trouble. I'm anxious to see what he can do.

57 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I didn't know much about his backstory. That certainly could've explained a lot. I just hope the kid stays out of trouble. I'm anxious to see what he can do.

Maybe an updated thread title is needed?

it appears he was just visiting when the raid happened, he was briefly detained and put in cuffs (along with everyone else in the house I’d assume) and released when the search was over.

nobody was arrested, no charges filed 

Posted (edited)

U.S. Marshals and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) searched the home of former Kentucky football player Lynn Bowden Jr.'s grandmother early Wednesday morning, according to WKBN.

Bowden and others were handcuffed but no one has been arrested. Investigators have recovered a number of loaded assault rifles and handguns and according to the report, agents and police have also made drug buys at the home but not from Bowden.

LINK

Well, that’s not good at all.

Edited by Dome

3 hours ago, Dome said:

U.S. Marshals and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) searched the home of former Kentucky football player Lynn Bowden Jr.'s grandmother early Wednesday morning, according to WKBN.  Bowden and others were handcuffed but no one has been arrested. Investigators have recovered a number of loaded assault rifles and handguns and according to the report, agents and police have also made drug buys at the home but not from Bowden.

Guys.....it's Rule #1 on the Dont Get Caught List: If you're going with the "sweet ole Grandma" cover to stash your drugs and guns...you dont want to be doing business at sweet ole Grandma's house  :)

8 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

I question his choices to bring his kid to a place with " loaded assault weapons". But if ya gotta stay with family I guess there's not much you can do. 

I grew up like this and was shooting guns by 5. Had an old school musket my Dad called the gopher gun because it was so long and heavy the only thing I could hit was gophers. LOL   M-16/M-14/AR's shotguns numerous pistols, it's actually good to expose kids early so they respect them. Also didn't make me obsessed as most of my friends are. They know specs but I shoot better. LOL Just took the gf to Battlefield Vegas as she wanted to buy a gun. She never shot a pistol and only did 3 of 20 rounds because it scared her. Going to need to do a lot more trips like that if she's still interested. Her love for John Wick movies made things look easy. Most don't know until they've experienced things. 

I think this is a nothing burger and won't affect game time. Vegas will be very different from Oakland just because of certain laws.