Browns General Discussion

candyman93

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Interesting.... we seem pretty well set on TE’s.

I think its more insurance. Prolly not enough time to sign someone on the short week and prolly knew Brown was in town, so in a pinch they could bring him back. With Njoku on the IR for at least 2 more weeks, they are only at 3 TEs. So just security in case something happens 

46 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Is hunt>Chubb? Nothing to take away from Chubb but watching film on hunt he seems a tad better. Runs smoother and hits open holes a little better than Chubb. 

well when Hunt was running the ball, it was after Chubb beat the crap out of them the whole first half...

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Is hunt>Chubb? Nothing to take away from Chubb but watching film on hunt he seems a tad better. Runs smoother and hits open holes a little better than Chubb. 

I think it’s because of their styles. Chubb is a straight battering ram. Kareem is incredibly physical too, but Nick is like Adrian Peterson / Marshawn Lynch. I think Nick is #1 in breaking tackles and Kareem is in the top 5.

It is NOT fun trying to tackle somebody that large and fast constantly bashing into you.

Edited by candyman93

19 minutes ago, buno67 said:

well when Hunt was running the ball, it was after Chubb beat the crap out of them the whole first half...

I feel like it makes sense to use them both that way. Let Nick physically punish and soften up a defense for 3 quarters and then let Kareem close in the 4th with fresher legs.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I feel like it makes sense to use them both that way. Let Nick physically punish and soften up a defense for 3 quarters and then let Kareem close in the 4th with fresher legs.

I cant remember the exact numbers but they were talking about it on 92.3 yesterday morning. Chub got a majority of the RB snaps in the 1st half and Hunt got the majority of the snaps inthe 2nd half

Feel free to disagree, but I don’t know if I want Myles focusing on defending the run.

It’s like an elite scorer in the NBA. Yeah sure, you’d like them to at least *try* on defense. However, Myles needs to just be a playmaker against the pass.

This feels like a team built to protect a lead instead of coming back from a deficit.

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Feel free to disagree, but I don’t know if I want Myles focusing on defending the run.

It’s like an elite scorer in the NBA. Yeah sure, you’d like them to at least *try* on defense. However, Myles needs to just be a playmaker against the pass.

This feels like a team built to protect a lead instead of coming back from a deficit.

For 25 million a year, I want an all around elite defender.

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

100% on that last point.  I get where you are coming from on this, we need him fresh in the 4th to be getting those key sacks to close out games.  We can probably settle for him losing contain or getting pushed around a bit in the first half if he is getting pressure late in games when we're up by a TD and need a stop on 3rd/4th down.

1 minute ago, clevenowin said:

100% on that last point.  I get where you are coming from on this, we need him fresh in the 4th to be getting those key sacks to close out games.  We can probably settle for him losing contain or getting pushed around a bit in the first half if he is getting pressure late in games when we're up by a TD and need a stop on 3rd/4th down.

This is 100% how I feel

6 minutes ago, clevenowin said:

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This is 100% how I feel

This is just playing situational football.

First half, 2nd and 10?  I want him shutting down the run.

When we’re up and we know teams are throwing, hell yes he should pin his ears back and look to make a play.  So should any DL.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For 25 million a year, I want an all around elite defender.

Yeah for what he is getting paid. I want an all around elite defender that plays the whole game and shows up the whole game. 

It is asinine to say pass rushing is only important from him or that he is truly need only in the 2nd half. 

I know Garrett is playing well and is demanding a lot of double teams but the dude needs to be making more of an impact for the kind money he is making. He needs to be a bigger impact on defending the run as well. I’m sorry but a big time TFL on a run play is just as good as a sack both are drive killers.