Browns General Discussion

candyman93

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I hope I don't jinx things, but that Austin Corbett trade was definitely worth it. He's been a quality starter at RG this year.

EDIT: Sorry, meant to put this in the NFL Discussion in your forum.

I doubt you did try and do that. 

I'm glad he has worked out for you. 

We have managed to fill the vacancy quite well so far, so a win win I guess.

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I doubt you did try and do that. 

I'm glad he has worked out for you. 

We have managed to fill the vacancy quite well so far, so a win win I guess.

Err, okay. Glad y'all have filled the spot. Nice for a trade to benefit both parties.

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I hope I don't jinx things, but that Austin Corbett trade was definitely worth it. He's been a quality starter at RG this year.

Honestly, we need a mauler like Wyatt Teller. 

We gave up too quickly on Corbett.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He must have added strength. He looked way too small to be a lineman when he was here. But it’s not surprising to see another one of our cast aways succeed after leaving us, half of KCs oline is filled with our former o lineman. 

• Like 1

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

He must have added strength. He looked way too small to be a lineman when he was here. But it’s not surprising to see another one of our cast aways succeed after leaving us, half of KCs oline is filled with our former o lineman. 

I’m thinking it was coaching. All our lineman last year besides JCT looked worst under Campen than with Wylie. Now all our Lineman look better under Callahan with Bit returning to his standard and Wyatt looking like a monster among men. 

34 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'm wondering if teller is getting some chemical aid, he looks to be a completely different player.

Chemical aid? Is there a substance that betters your technique? 

his issue wasn’t never being strong enough. Dude was always a freaking ox but he never had the functioning strength. He couldn’t blend his raw power into properly blocking people. Callahan has helped him harness that. Dude has helped him translate what he does in the weigh room onto the football field. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Has a team ever let another team go 5/5 on 4th down in a game? It’s Monday and they still haven’t addressed defensive needs. This would have been the perfect week to do so with the extra days off. 

It'd be nice if we did, but who's out there that would definitely be better than what we have? Sure, adding a safety like Earl Thomas would be great, but there's a strong chance that he may not want to play here and would rather just take the year off.