Browns General Discussion

candyman93

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I cant see us keeping Juice and OBJ if the season goes like this. 

Obj could get a 1, jarvis a 3rd maybe.

Why? There both great WRs who are both very willing to block. We just witnessed Higgins being a healthy scratch and the team liking Hodges a lot more than him. I like Hodges but don’t think he is ready for that big of an increase. Also see their stats and usage increasing as the season goes along as teams try and stop our rushing attack more and more 

like OBJ gets this label of being a major diva WR and being selfish but those kind of WRs dont block like OBJ does. Browns have pretty good perimeter blocking. That allows those big runs by The Chunt

Edited by buno67

I don’t know if it will be this offseason, but eventually we’re gonna have to move on from one or both of these two. We aren’t going to be able to afford 35 million or whatever they cost for 2 WR’s when we’re running a run based offense.

That said, we do need to at least have viable replacements ready to go before moving on.  Juice is easier to replace with our 453 TE’s, but we don’t have anyone other than OBJ who’s a legit deep threat.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see us invest in a WR fairly early in the draft tbh, R2/3.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t know if it will be this offseason, but eventually we’re gonna have to move on from one or both of these two. We aren’t going to be able to afford 35 million or whatever they cost for 2 WR’s when we’re running a run based offense.

That said, we do need to at least have viable replacements ready to go before moving on.  Juice is easier to replace with our 453 TE’s, but we don’t have anyone other than OBJ who’s a legit deep threat.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see us invest in a WR fairly early in the draft tbh, R2/3.

This. Even though OBJ has appeared to decline, opposing defenses still respect his ability and have to game plan around him. Losing him would then possibly hurt our ability to run the ball as well as we do.

I'd love to see what DPJ can do. Now, it's not fair to expect a late-round pick to become a #1 receiver, but I think most would agree he might have the raw talent to be a pretty damn good receiver at this level.

Only problem with getting rid of OBJ is that it might piss off Landry and we'd have to get rid of him as well. If we had two suitable replacements, then so be it, but right now we definitely do not.

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think we can beat Baltimore in Cleveland. Week 1 was a combination of pandemic + new coaches vs a well oiled machine.

You MUST get a lead on Baltimore though. When you do, they don’t know what to do.

We kept it a close game until the bad sequence at the end of the first half. From there, we had to abandon our strength of running the ball while Baltimore was able to utilize their strength of running the ball and giving Lamar easy passes. It was a recipe for disaster for us.

54 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think we can beat Baltimore in Cleveland. Week 1 was a combination of pandemic + new coaches vs a well oiled machine.

You MUST get a lead on Baltimore though. When you do, they don’t know what to do.

Our defense can’t stop Lamar. They are physically incapable of stopping anyone on 4th down and Lamars legs combined with our inability to do anything to a TE makes it impossible to beat them until unless we drastically change something about our defense. Greedy and Mack need to come back and play damn near pro bowl levels to make enough of a difference. 

Unless we put up quick points and make Lamar have to beat us with his arm, I don’t think we have a chance.

Our offense hasn’t been as good as the scoring the last 2 weeks would indicate.  We had 24 points off of 5 turnovers last week.  Without those our offensive numbers look much closer to week one than week 2.  We haven’t seen much in the way of chunk plays or explosiveness.  

We’ve done enough to win a couple games against bad teams, but I don’t know if they’re ready to beat the upper echelon teams without a bit of luck.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I have to disagree for two reasons.  Our defense is not that good and Baker Mayfield is not as capable to make plays with pressure in his face like Mahomes can.

Peace!!!

21 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:
25 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Why can’t we do what Tennessee did last year?

Because their defense only gave up 20PPG last year. Our defense is not capable of that unless something drastic changes. 

What scrabble said is the main reason.  Another possibility is that the playoff win by the Titans last year was a fluke.  I could be wrong about that but we'll see on 11/22/20 when they face each other again.

Peace!!!