Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I would go with Vernon first, still dont remember a single memorable play he has made as a Brown since the first preseason game against WAS last season. I often forget hes even on this team

I mean, his contract is up after this season anyway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Imagine looking at a guy who’s caught 7 passes for 60 something yards and no scores thus far after signing an 11 million dollar deal and feeling confident in asking “is that a bad signing????” like it’s not even a possibility 😂 

Ok so what about Conklin. Got top RT money without being a star. 

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Ok so what about Conklin. Got top RT money without being a star. 

What about him? He’s been solid.

He’s also the 11th highest paid tackle in football.  Is he the 11th best tackle?  

I never said you can’t find good football players in UFA, but you don’t find bargains.  Unless the player is ring chasing, everyone is literally paying top of the market value.

Bud Dupree would be a pass for me. He's only been truly good once he was in contract years. Now, maybe that's when he all of a sudden put it together, but we've seen players like him countless times where they'll play great during their contract year and then go back to what they were before... which was a solid but unspectacular player in Dupree's case.

• Like 1

You roll out crap WRs and watch Chubbs YPC drop by over a yard and realize talent is more than your box score, it’s the space you create.

OBJ is a god the same way Steph Curry is in basketball. You have to shade him constantly with extra help and when you don’t you pay. 

Him and Chubb have gravity. You either stack vs Chubb and pay vs ObJ or the other way around. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roger murdock said:

You roll out crap WRs and watch Chubbs YPC drop by over a yard and realize talent is more than your box score, it’s the space you create.

OBJ is a god the same way Steph Curry is in basketball. You have to shade him constantly with extra help and when you don’t you pay. 

Him and Chubb have gravity. You either stack vs Chubb and pay vs ObJ or the other way around. 

You are preaching today. Exactly what I believe.  

The ONLY reason I want OBJ gone is if he turns into a cancer. Week 1 he had horrific body language.

The opportunity cost between spending $15M on Obj and defenders might be a slight downstream increase a huge top end decrease.

Instead of starting a guy like Oliver Vernon, maybe you upgrade from the 40th beat DE in the league to the 30th best. And then with the other savings maybe it’s a DB who’s the 120th best in the NFL and now he’s the 90th best. 

but you are costing yourself the 4th best WR in the NFL and replacing him with Higgins who’s the 175th best WR