Browns General Discussion

candyman93

26 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Bud Dupree would be a pass for me. He's only been truly good once he was in contract years. Now, maybe that's when he all of a sudden put it together, but we've seen players like him countless times where they'll play great during their contract year and then go back to what they were before... which was a solid but unspectacular player in Dupree's case.

Agreed.  Dupree is the type of dude who you can argue is “good” but will get paid top dollar on the open market.

He’d be Paul Kruger 2.0

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im not protecting the money, I say this because I just dont want OBJs contract hindering us resigning other key players if it comes to that. I dont want to see a player like Denzel Ward walk out of the door because we have 2 top 10 paid WRs and it wont allow us to give him a 75 million dollar contract. But if everybody is so certain it can all get done then I guess its okay

Ward probably has to prove his body can say healthy before he sees a number close to approaching 75m.   

imo

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im not protecting the money, I say this because I just dont want OBJs contract hindering us resigning other key players if it comes to that. I dont want to see a player like Denzel Ward walk out of the door because we have 2 top 10 paid WRs and it wont allow us to give him a 75 million dollar contract. But if everybody is so certain it can all get done then I guess its okay

Well I think OBJ and Jarvis’ contract will be off the books by that time, if I’m not mistaken 

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Conklin and hooper were bad signings then?

4 hours ago, braylon said:

I don't think he said that?

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Imagine looking at a guy who’s caught 7 passes for 60 something yards and no scores thus far after signing an 11 million dollar deal and feeling confident in asking “is that a bad signing????”

Yes, he did, in his usual indirect/backhanded way.

Edited by bruceb
Complete thought

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Don’t mean to put you on the spot, but do you know how much Denzel makes right now? Your suggestion would bump his cap hit up an extra 7 mil. That’s it.

Do you just think “large contract = bad” without considering other factors?

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Don’t mean to put you on the spot, but do you know how much Denzel makes right now? Your suggestion would bump his cap hit up an extra 7 mil. That’s it.

Do you just think “large contract = bad” without considering other factors?

I think large contract = large production which has been the complete opposite of what OBJ has done as a Brown

17 hours ago, bruceb said:

Yes, he did, in his usual indirect/backhanded way.

Honestly though.. I don't even think Hooper is "good". I think he's above average. And he's getting paid WAY above that. Which I feel was his ultimate point, you generally don't get good deals in free agency. 

5 hours ago, braylon said:

you generally don't get good deals in free agency. 

Hooper was very productive and a pro bowl selection twice while with ATL, and I think he will do just fine when he is fully integrated into Stefanski's system and Mayfield grasps it.

Otherwise, I generally agree with the quoted statement.

• Like 2

I feel like this offense is designed to convert 3rd and short + goal line situations with elite efficiency.

I wish I had posted this stat, but the browns are phenomenal in the redzone. Complete opposite of last year.

We need Austin Hooper to play better.

18 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I feel like this offense is designed to convert 3rd and short + goal line situations with elite efficiency.

I wish I had posted this stat, but the browns are phenomenal in the redzone. Complete opposite of last year.

We need Austin Hooper to play better.

They looked very good with the exception of that 4 and out on the goal line a few weeks ago. Stefanski should have called a play action on 2nd or 3rd. 

You guys do know Hooper is making a pretty big impact besides catching the ball?

hooper has done a very good job blocking so far. That has allowed our run game to really take off. 

receiving wise, Minny’s TEa didn’t do too much early on. They started to roll after week5. 

let the run game get established and the rest of the offense will open up. It’s what happen with Minny last year. Teams will need to start selling out to stop the run and when that happens, the TEs will start to pop. Also with how efficient The running attack has been in the redzone, it’s taken targets away from the TEs