Browns General Discussion

candyman93

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As much as it’s about results it’s also, did the decision make sense? Other than the punt, everything has made sense.

Im sure some would have preferred we put the pedal down a bit more to close the first half yesterday, but I thought it was expertly done.  No chance for them to score and we tack on 3 and get the ball after the half. 

I think yesterday he got a little conservative in the 4th, but that’s picking nits.  The defense, well that’s a different story...

Joe Woods deserves the lion's share of the blame for letting Dallas back into the game. I mean, we basically played prevent defense for almost the entire fourth quarter. I get not wanting to let them score on a deep pass, but they were still scoring quickly by getting 15-20 yard completions with each pass. Our first and fourth quarter defense was pathetic yesterday, but our second and third quarter defense was actually quite good.

I truly wonder how much better our defense would look if we had Delpit back there instead of Sendejo. There's really no excuse to keep putting him out there at this point. He made a good play by forcing a fumble and another one by totally disrupting a screen pass to Zeke, but his bad plays have obviously far outweighed his couple of good ones.

• Like 1

Just now, DawgX said:

Joe Woods deserves the lion's share of the blame for letting Dallas back into the game. I mean, we basically played prevent defense for almost the entire fourth quarter. I get not wanting to let them score on a deep pass, but they were still scoring quickly by getting 15-20 yard completions with each pass. Our first and fourth quarter defense was pathetic yesterday, but our second and third quarter defense was actually quite good.

I truly wonder how much better our defense would look if we had Delpit back there instead of Sendejo. There's really no excuse to keep putting him out there at this point. He made a good play by forcing a fumble and another one by totally disrupting a screen pass to Zeke, but his bad plays have obviously far outweighed his couple of good ones.

I’ll never understand prevent defense.

If you want your FS to take a step or two back and really focus on keeping everything in front of them that’s one thing, but the soft coverage is absurd.

How do you expect DL to get home if the QB can get rid of the ball sub 2 seconds?  Keep pressing, keep playing “normal” coverages, keep blitzing, etc.  Especially after a team has shown a couple times they can absolutely just march down the field and score against those absurd schemes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I think its safe to say we have a top 5 OL in the NFL

It's crazy how good the OL is this year when you consider just how awful it was last year. It went from our biggest weakness to likely our biggest strength besides the RB position.

30 minutes ago, DawgX said:

It's crazy how good the OL is this year when you consider just how awful it was last year. It went from our biggest weakness to likely our biggest strength besides the RB position.

All coaching, your players take on the mentality of whoever it is that is coaching you eventually 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ll never understand prevent defense.

If you want your FS to take a step or two back and really focus on keeping everything in front of them that’s one thing, but the soft coverage is absurd.

How do you expect DL to get home if the QB can get rid of the ball sub 2 seconds?  Keep pressing, keep playing “normal” coverages, keep blitzing, etc.  Especially after a team has shown a couple times they can absolutely just march down the field and score against those absurd schemes.

As a Browns HC/DC you should know to never go into prevent. Do we need to bring up the series that should never be named? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

To be fair to Woods I don't see much difference between our base defense and our 4th quarter defense from yesterday.

Our problem was dropping interceptions. When a QB throws it 60+ times, he’s going to have at least 3-4 bad throws. Don’t care how good he is.

Burrow got away with it because he dink and dunked.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

To be fair to Woods I don't see much difference between our base defense and our 4th quarter defense from yesterday.

I won’t be fair to woods until he benches sendejo. I don’t know how a professional coach can watch him and still insist on playing him. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I won’t be fair to woods until he benches sendejo. I don’t know how a professional coach can watch him and still insist on playing him. 

If he were 23 instead of 33 I’d understand it, but it’s not like he’s going to improve with experience.

Put Harrison in there ffs.

• Like 1