Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Truly bun. Gotta make sure we pay top dollar for "a sure thing" (see: veteran overpays).

Yeah sorry, everyone thought teller was a below avg player even before the season. A lot of ppl question if he could even be a starter but now after 4 games we want to pay him like he is a top10 guard?

I like teller and had faith in him more than most but I’m not going to offer a dude a nice new contract cause of 4 games. Maybe he was above avg last year and You could have seen progression but the dude went from a guard who couldn’t beat our Corbett or Kush and got playing time at the end of the season cause Corb was traded and Kush was that bad. I just want to see it be consistent play. 

if we’re at it. Let’s extent Stef too. Don’t want him get too pricey if he leads the browns to the playoffs. Dearnest looked pretty good. We better extend him before he prices himself out of being our #3 back 

again. Why are we so damn worried about the Salary cap??? Omg we gotta save 2-3m?

29 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah sorry, everyone thought teller was a below avg player even before the season. A lot of ppl question if he could even be a starter but now after 4 games we want to pay him like he is a top10 guard?

🤔 @MWil23 suggested we gauge whether he might sign now for less, am extension of 4/$20 mil, mostly guaranteed (which amounts to about 6/$22 mil, super cheap). Others, including myself, have Kareem Hunt Fever and immediate loved the idea of locking Teller up now for pennies on the dollar. I submitted that more reasonable might be a 3/$20 mil extension (5/$22 mil, which is still cheap to take a swing).

I like teller and had faith in him more than most but I’m not going to offer a dude a nice new contract cause of 4 games. Maybe he was above avg last year and You could have seen progression

Fwiw, the Bills liked him but had a lot of guys at the position at the time. Dorsey liked him enough to trade the equivalent of a late 4th for him. Last year was a dumpster fire and tough to really assess the talent of a lot of folks. He is popping off the screen, is young and we have leverage.

but the dude went from a guard who couldn’t beat our Corbett or Kush and got playing time at the end of the season cause Corb was traded and Kush was that bad. I just want to see it be consistent play.

There is a lot of speculation here. Everyone knows Corbett only got that playing time to try to prove Dorsey right/draft investment. Kush was a signing and a whiff. Last year was just putting garbage and can't really be used to accurately know what we have. Correlation≠causation.

if we’re at it. Let’s extent Stef too. Don’t want him get too pricey if he leads the browns to the playoffs. Dearnest looked pretty good. We better extend him before he prices himself out of being our #3 back

Lol bones, this is just ranting. Stef already is well-compensated; better comparison to Stef would be if we just extended Teller and folks were clamoring to extend him a second time in year one.

Why are we so damn worried about the Salary cap??? Omg we gotta save 2-3m?

We're talking more like saving $8 mil/year and still getting to keep him. That's just good business.

Edited by NudeTayne
tl;dr wut
  • Like 5