Browns General Discussion

candyman93

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Some positive news. Next 2 weeks we face some of the weakest pass rushes in the NFL. Bengals are 22nd and Raiders are 27th. They’re both bad defenses in general.

Good time to get back on track with 2 winnable games. However, if we get beat by the Bengals ooooohhh boy

Alright I did some research.

Of the division rivalries that currently exist, only Browns-Steelers has not seen both teams record a sweep in a given season in my lifetime. The Browns have the longest active streak without sweeping a particular division opponent, having lost at least one game to the Steelers for 29 straight seasons (1996-98 are not included).

During my life time, the Cardinals also failed to sweep the Cowboys, the Bengals the Oilers/Titans, the Browns the Jaguars, the Steelers also the Jaguars, the Buccaneers the Packers, and the Jets the Colts.

However, none of those have been division rivalries since 2001.

Here's hoping for our first sweep of Pittsburgh since 1988 next year.

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The team is fine.  

We still play Cinci, Jacksonville, and both New York teams. I bet Pittsburgh rests guys week 17 too.

This week is a swing game for the season IMO. This team has to show they can get punched in the mouth and get back on track and not let 1 bad loss cause everything to spiral.

Cinci has improved since the first time we saw them and Burrow is more experienced, plus its on the road. I dont think this game (especially since we are still banged up) is going to be a cakewalk. I want to see them come out pissed off from the Steelers loss and have a Cowboys level dominant game.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

This week is a swing game for the season IMO. This team has to show they can get punched in the mouth and get back on track and not let 1 bad loss cause everything to spiral.

Cinci has improved since the first time we saw them and Burrow is more experienced, plus its on the road. I dont think this game (especially since we are still banged up) is going to be a cakewalk. I want to see them come out pissed off from the Steelers loss and have a Cowboys level dominant game.

I think our defense has improved since Cincinnati, particularly the linebackers. 

If we get Teller back, which is unlikely it will be huge. 

I agree though, it should be a tough game. 

We will need good play from 6.

Edited by Kiwibrown

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think our defense has improved since Cincinnati, particularly the linebackers. 

If we get Teller back, which is unlikely it will be huge. 

I agree though, it should be a tough game. 

We will need good play from 6.

Yep yep yep. Its going to take everybody. Seeing how this team responds will be the big question mark and potentially set the tone for the rest of the season

Edited by AkronsWitness

On 10/11/2020 at 7:52 PM, if y'all don't recall, I said we'd lose to the Steelers, win the following week against Cincinnati, and beat the Steelers the next time, but I wanted everyone to wrap their heads around the idea we weren't going to look great for a host of reasons.
I got ridiculed for my timing and not believing in our boys. I recall someone said they should be afraid of us. I went on to elaborate that I was saying this so when we lost, you guys wouldn't go running for the razors. 
Now here we are, many are down, the faith is lost for some, and the Baker hate begins to reemerge. This was the reason I spoke up before. Some of us on here are too dam reactionary. Get a grip, guys.

We will beat Cincinnati, maybe even the Raiders. If team health holds up, we're looking at a 9-7 or 10-6 season for a young team emerging with a strong identity and style. We finally have direction. Hold your water, boys. Things are good.

Oh, and for those of you who know who you are: I toldcha so.

Edited by Fatgerman
  • Like 1