Browns General Discussion

candyman93

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The defense will be good in 2 years. 

However, this is IF the front office is aggressive in fixing it like they were the offensive line and skill positions recently.

I mean the secondary blows but that is in large part sure to the fact that Greedy/Delpit are missing. I think once next season comes around and they have another draft/health comes back the Browns defense will be dam good

19 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean the secondary blows but that is in large part sure to the fact that Greedy/Delpit are missing. I think once next season comes around and they have another draft/health comes back the Browns defense will be dam good

When you look at our stats, they’re average as a team. 18th in yards, 4th against the run, and 1st in takeaways. Where we’re bad is PPG, but that stat can be manipulated by a lot of things.

I think the defense is below average to average right now.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The defense will be good in 2 years. 

However, this is IF the front office is aggressive in fixing it like they were the offensive line and skill positions recently.

I agree. We need another strong pass rusher, one of the hardest positions to fill, and I'd go hard after Yannick Ingouke(however it's spelled). The Vikes traded a 2nd and future 4th to get him. They suck this year. I'd pull the trigger on a 2nd and sign him to a long term deal. 

This will sound weird, but long term, I’m much more confident about the cornerstones on our defense (Denzel and Myles) than our offense. The defense is frustrating at times this, but I have confidence in them long term.

For the offense, I trust Bill Callahan and the scheme Stefanski wants to run. However, on offense, who are you 100% sure will be there in 3 years?

Part of it is defensive players age well. Ravens, Steelers, and Patriots have shown that.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This will sound weird, but long term, I’m much more confident about the cornerstones on our defense (Denzel and Myles) than our offense. The defense is frustrating at times this, but I have confidence in them long term.

For the offense, I trust Bill Callahan and the scheme Stefanski wants to run. However, on offense, who are you 100% sure will be there in 3 years?

Part of it is defensive players age well. Ravens, Steelers, and Patriots have shown that.

I trust nobody on offense haha Its weird because I have complete faith that Stefanski/Woods ARE the answers on the coaching staff but its clear the offense needs to be tweaked with the players we have. Its hard to see the futures of Mayfield/OBJ/Landry with the Browns. The only thing I am confident in is Chubb/Hunt/Hooper most likely being here for the near future, but the QB/WR positions could look dramatically different come next season.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I trust nobody on offense haha Its weird because I have complete faith that Stefanski/Woods ARE the answers on the coaching staff but its clear the offense needs to be tweaked with the players we have. Its hard to see the futures of Mayfield/OBJ/Landry with the Browns. The only thing I am confident in is Chubb/Hunt/Hooper most likely being here for the near future, but the QB/WR positions could look dramatically different come next season.

Don't forget about Bryant and some of the pieces on the OL.

56 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Don't forget about Bryant and some of the pieces on the OL.

Well yeah those as well, it's just there has been so much smoke around Baker/OBJ and even Landry that I would not at all be shocked if some dramatic moves happened in the off-season. 

That could be trades or guys requesting trades but I feel pretty confident at least 1 major move will be made

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Makes me wonder of Baker was hurt enough to not play but knows he couldn’t puss out because Jarvis is playing with broken ribs. 

Playing through pain is all well and good as long as you’re able to still play at a high level.

I can’t imagine rib fractures not limiting someone pretty significantly.  Same with a bad rib contusion on the same side as your throwing arm.

If you’re not able to play adequately, you’re doing more harm than good imo.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Playing through pain is all well and good as long as you’re able to still play at a high level.

I can’t imagine rib fractures not limiting someone pretty significantly.  Same with a bad rib contusion on the same side as your throwing arm.

If you’re not able to play adequately, you’re doing more harm than good imo.

It’s good to know the two biggest diva positions, WR and QB, have some of our toughest guys on the team

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

It’s good to know the two biggest diva positions, WR and QB, have some of our toughest guys on the team

Baker got the yips vs the steelers and half way through the colts game, he is more competitive than tough. 

When he hurts timing and throws are out.