Jump to content

Browns General Discussion


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Baker got the yips vs the steelers and half way through the colts game, he is more competitive than tough. 

When he hurts timing and throws are out.

Well that’s on the coach to understand that as well if his injury Is hurting his ability. 
 

still had a pretty tough rib injury with that shot he took from the colts. Again diva positions where some QBs will miss for a lot less. He still played and still took some shots from the Steelers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Really sucks that Delpit got hurt. I hope he’s using this time to digest the system and get his mind ready for next year.

Seems like the type of person who would do that.

would love to see a update on how the surgery went and how the rehab is going so far

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the OBR is a joke like 99.9% of the time but I’ll share this. 
 

Lane Adkins reports: "OBJs knee is loose, there is damage, but it isn't as loose as you'd expect for the ACL and MCL... they're just not 100% sure based on hands on medical evaluation"

A surprisingly hopeful note, but we won't know for sure until the MRI is done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I know the OBR is a joke like 99.9% of the time but I’ll share this. 
 

Lane Adkins reports: "OBJs knee is loose, there is damage, but it isn't as loose as you'd expect for the ACL and MCL... they're just not 100% sure based on hands on medical evaluation"

A surprisingly hopeful note, but we won't know for sure until the MRI is done.

Well good. We’ll need him down the stretch in tough games like you said yesterday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On the assumption that Baker is the qbotf, drafting for our offense I wouldnt get anyone in the first round to be a pass catcher. H3 doesnt need a single A+ target. I guess unless you feel like he would mesh extremely well with Baker.

The first offensove player I would draft would be an interior olinnem to take over from bitonio in a year or two and another capable back up. 

Baker needs a clean pocket not sexy weapons. He is a the type of guy that can thrive with a bunch of guys that operate off him. 

Draft weapons in the 3rd and 4th rouns for him. Load up the defense. Get more pass rush, and a great linebacker. And a safety with  pulse.

Edited by Kiwibrown
Link to post
Share on other sites

Best thing we can do for our QB and for our offense in general is to not be playing from behind.  So, draft defense.  Supplement with some dudes on offense obviously, and we're probably going to need another WR, but absolutely defense has to be priority #1. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Best thing we can do for our QB and for our offense in general is to not be playing from behind.  So, draft defense.  Supplement with some dudes on offense obviously, and we're probably going to need another WR, but absolutely defense has to be priority #1. 

Iin an ideal world we go pass rush 1, corner 2, then dt 3 in recruitment. 

Myles needs help from across from him. Greedy has missed a lot games. Mitch is more of a spot starter than a legit number 2. 

That said finding a good pass rusher might be harder, as it is not meant to be a great draft for pass rush. Across the roster we have guys who are legit number 3 players one depth chart at number 2, mitch, vernon, claireborne, Sendejo, Joesph. 

Edited by Kiwibrown
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Best thing we can do for our QB and for our offense in general is to not be playing from behind.  So, draft defense.  Supplement with some dudes on offense obviously, and we're probably going to need another WR, but absolutely defense has to be priority #1. 

I think WR is a must.  I’d look for someone on day 2.

I think IOL is a must.  Bitonio and Tretter are solid, but expensive.  Teller is a FA after next year and if he returns and continues to destroy guys, he’s the priority on the interior imo.  I’d look for R4/5 here.

RB is the only other spot I think we could use someone. If we’re going to build our identity around a 2 headed monster at RB, we really need 3 backs.  No huge investment here, R5/6/7.

Other than that, defense. I just hope one of the first 2 picks is a damned LB who can make some plays.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we ship OBJ, that frees up a lot of money to sign a free agent at that WR position or another one of need like CB/S/DE and then hopefully we can draft a couple more of those guys. Give me the best MLB and/or EDGE guy and another S or CB.

I would love to see about 5 defensive players drafted Rounds 1-3 the next 2 years.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we ship OBJ, that frees up a lot of money to sign a free agent at that WR position or another one of need like CB/S/DE and then hopefully we can draft a couple more of those guys. Give me the best MLB and/or EDGE guy and another S or CB.

I would love to see about 5 defensive players drafted Rounds 1-3 the next 2 years.

I’d love to see us nab Perriman and see if he can continue doing his thing with Baker.  If so, he and Higgins get resigned and we add them to the existing group of DPJ, Juice and Hodge. Throw in another rookie and we’re looking good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d love to see us nab Perriman and see if he can continue doing his thing with Baker.  If so, he and Higgins get resigned and we add them to the existing group of DPJ, Juice and Hodge. Throw in another rookie and we’re looking good.

I’d love Galliday, as he’s a giant and extremely solid/young. Baker needs guys with size on the outside, and IMO, a lot of shorter QB excel with this (Brees with Colston/Thomas, Murray with Fitz/Nuk, Russell Wilson is successful regardless but Metcalf helps). You would have Jarvis, Higgins, Galliday, DPJ, and maybe a burner type to go with 2 solid TE.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...