Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Just now, MWil23 said:

I’d love Galliday, as he’s a giant and extremely solid/young. Baker needs guys with size on the outside, and IMO, a lot of shorter QB excel with this (Brees with Colston/Thomas, Murray with Fitz/Nuk, Russell Wilson is successful regardless but Metcalf helps). You would have Jarvis, Higgins, Galliday, DPJ, and maybe a burner type to go with 2 solid TE.

I bet he gets a whopper of a deal, but yeah, he’s a stud.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I bet he gets a whopper of a deal, but yeah, he’s a stud.

If we trade OBJ, we’d break even. It doesn’t even necessarily have to be him, but someone with size on the outside. Jarvis is a full time slot, you have your #1 option in him, and either Higgins or DPJ is that other outside guy. Throw in our TE and RB, and that’s pretty lights out.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we trade OBJ, we’d break even. It doesn’t even necessarily have to be him, but someone with size on the outside. Jarvis is a full time slot, you have your #1 option in him, and either Higgins or DPJ is that other outside guy. Throw in our TE and RB, and that’s pretty lights out.

That’s why Perriman is so intriguing to me.  He played well here before with Baker, has some size and elite speed.

He’s not a stud, but he has a couple skill sets we could use and could be a great value signing.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And while none of them are monsters, DPJ, Higgins, Perriman and Hodge next season are all 6’2.  That’s a pretty big WR group.

Im not opposed to this, but we’d better spend that cap on a high priced free agent impact defender then instead of sitting on it. Give me a stud DB or edge guy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s why Perriman is so intriguing to me.  He played well here before with Baker, has some size and elite speed.

He’s not a stud, but he has a couple skill sets we could use and could be a great value signing.

He played well as the deep ball guy for Jameis too. So he definitely does one thing very well at least.

6 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

He played well as the deep ball guy for Jameis too. So he definitely does one thing very well at least.

Big body downfield guy who can make contested catches. Thats what we need.

Might sound stupid but I believe the reason Baker misses so many passes high might be because he is trying to throw the ball over the line and just sails everything because of it

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Big body downfield guy who can make contested catches. Thats what we need.

Might sound stupid but I believe the reason Baker misses so many passes high might be because he is trying to throw the ball over the line and just sails everything because of it

He never had this issue in college or for the 8 game stretch in 2018.

The OL wasn’t shorter then.

It’s just wild how much people think an inch or two matters (this will be quoted by nude I’m sure).  If he were one inch taller no one would question his height.  

It’s a non issue.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s just wild how much people think an inch or two matters (this will be quoted by nude I’m sure).  If he were one inch taller no one would question his height.  

It’s a non issue.

The issue boils down to footwork/feeling pocket ghosts and reading defenses. When he’s able to consistently throw hot routes and identify pressures, I’m going all in on Baker. Until then, I’d say buckle up for the roller coaster ride.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s a non issue.

Im not sure what it is. Maybe his release, height, footwork or something but he 100% misses high nearly everytime he misses. There is something there but Im not sure what it is.

I cant remember the last time I saw him bury a ball at the WRs feet coming across the middle. A lot of his INTs come from high passes across the middle

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The issue boils down to footwork/feeling pocket ghosts and reading defenses. When he’s able to consistently throw hot routes and identify pressures, I’m going all in on Baker. Until then, I’d say buckle up for the roller coaster ride.

I’m not saying he doesn’t have issues, but his height is absolutely not a limiting factor, never has been and never will be.