Browns General Discussion

candyman93

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Every time you mention cap space without mentioning things like active salary and roll over, you look like a scrub midget.

Yeah, we're in the top half of the league in salary cap spending this year. Our space is all rollover which goes away if you don't roll it over (use it).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Every time you mention cap space without mentioning things like active salary and roll over, you look like a scrub midget.

I didn’t say we had to spend all 30M right now. But 10M to fill some needs when we’re finally a playoff contender would still leave us with 20 in carry over. Scrub. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I didn’t say we had to spend all 30M right now. But 10M to fill some needs when we’re finally a playoff contender would still leave us with 20 in carry over. Scrub. 

True, but Im still confused at somes love for mid round draft picks and unwilling to part with anything.

19 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

On who?  Who are these 10 million dollar gems that push us over the top? You suggested Watt who’s cost is double that and he’s on the decline.  We’re not ready to go all in yet imo, not with the excessive holes on this defense.  They’re not a player or two away.

As I said though, I do hope they’re buyers and can improve, but I don’t think they need to be splash moves.

As far as why we’re not spending a bunch of money, I’m guessing it has to do with the potential cap number in ‘21 being such an uncertainty with some reports of A potential huge reduction.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

On who?  Who are these 10 million dollar gems that push us over the top? You suggested Watt who’s cost is double that and he’s on the decline.  We’re not ready to go all in yet imo, not with the excessive holes on this defense.  They’re not a player or two away.

As I said though, I do hope they’re buyers and can improve, but I don’t think they need to be splash moves.

As far as why we’re not spending a bunch of money, I’m guessing it has to do with the potential cap number in ‘21 being such an uncertainty with some reports of A potential huge reduction.

Thats why im trying to grab some younger players whose time just might have ran out on their current team or are in line for a payday. Avery Williamson, Takk McKinley, Chido Awuzie, Justin Simmons ect if you could offer enoguh to pry them away.

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How much can we save by cutting or trading baker?

but I disagree that we’re not ready to contend. We are so weak at Lb and FS that even 2 above average players there could make a huge difference for this defense. The front 4 is fine. The CBS are ok. Harrison is ok at SS. Mack is decent at Lb. just add a FS and at least one LB. 

Trading for gilmore would give us a 7.5 million this year and 8 million next year on the cap. 

Putting him vs no. Wr on the other side would help our defense no end.

Pff only grade him at a 61. 

He has 2 pds and 1 int. So he probably isn't playing all that well.

Edited by Kiwibrown

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

How much can we save by cutting or trading baker?

but I disagree that we’re not ready to contend. We are so weak at Lb and FS that even 2 above average players there could make a huge difference for this defense. The front 4 is fine. The CBS are ok. Harrison is ok at SS. Mack is decent at Lb. just add a FS and at least one LB. 

I agree we need a LB and FS.

I can’t believe I get to be the one who craps all over a positive statement, but you’re delusional if you think this defense is a mediocre FS and LB away from being good enough to lean on to win.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree we need a LB and FS.

I can’t believe I get to be the one who craps all over a positive statement, but you’re delusional if you think this defense is a mediocre FS and LB away from being good enough to lean on to win.

I’ve seen teams play after play isolate sendejo and score on him or get a huge play on him. More than anyone else on the team by far. Find an above average player at that position alone and we’ll save at least a score and a half per game. Not even exaggerating. Hell they won 5 games this year with that atrocity out there giving up a big play every drive. Imagine what would happen if he wasn’t there anymore to give that up. Now add a LB who knows how to tackle.