Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Is Mack Wilson actually decent at LB though?  Basically all of them seem invisible in coverage outside some splash plays by Goodson and Malcolm Smith (a few weeks ago at least seemed competent).

I feel like Wilson is just getting by on reputation at this point.

I haven’t even noticed him this year. I’m not sure he’s fully recovered from his injury. And his reputation is as a coverage Lb. He wasn’t much as a run stopper last year. I’d be interested to see his snap count and grades. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’ve seen teams play after play isolate sendejo and score on him or get a huge play on him. More than anyone else on the team by far. Find an above average player at that position alone and we’ll save at least a score and a half per game. Not even exaggerating. Hell they won 5 games this year with that atrocity out there giving up a big play every drive. Imagine what would happen if he wasn’t there anymore to give that up. Now add a LB who knows how to tackle. 

10 PPG just by getting rid of Sendejo?  Whew lad, he’s bad but he’s not THAT bad.  We aren’t a borderline top 10 D by switching out one dude.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Every time you mention cap space without mentioning things like active salary and roll over, you look like a scrub midget.

TIL Baker Mayfield mentions cap space without mentioning things like active salary and roll over.

Edited by NudeTayne
Doing it right.

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I mean come on... 

3 TD’s allowed is a far cry from the 10 PPG mess you’re talking.

Im not defending the guy, he’s atrocious, but we have more than one hole on the defense.  The entire LB group is awful.  Goodson is the only one who’s made any sort of impact play all season.

We have one dude who can rush the passer.

Weve allowed 30+ 5/7 games this year, and the schemes aren’t bad.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

3 TD’s allowed is a far cry from the 10 PPG mess you’re talking.

Im not defending the guy, he’s atrocious, but we have more than one hole on the defense.  The entire LB group is awful.  Goodson is the only one who’s made any sort of impact play all season.

We have one dude who can rush the passer.

Weve allowed 30+ 5/7 games this year, and the schemes aren’t bad.

3TDs and a ton of plays that ended in scores. The LBs are bad but when teams are isolating one guy and throwing right at him that has nothing to do with the LBs. 

Is it weird that even without OBJ I still expect us to score 30+ a week?

Our style of play is why. The defense is extremely feast or famine. They either force a turnover or give up a quick score. However, that leads to more possessions. Stefanski is lethal when you give him a short field.

It’s weirdly like how the Phoenix Suns used to play.

24 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I mean come on... 

I'm no big Sendejo supporter or anything, I'd love an upgrade at the position. But I simply can't understand the criticism of the last Bengals TD to Bernard. It was 4th and inches from the 2. If Bernard is tackled short of the goal line they have a new set of downs with a minute left and they need a yard. The Bengals had already converted on two QB sneaks. There's no way there's enough time left on the clock for the Browns to drive for a TD. It's the exact same situation as the Lions-Falcons game where Detroit let Gurley score so the Lions offense could get the ball back. Any other outcome other than Sendejo letting Bernard score and the Browns likely lose. Yes Sendejo sucks, but it worked in our favor.

Just now, kayelcio said:

I'm no big Sendejo supporter or anything, I'd love an upgrade at the position. But I simply can't understand the criticism of the last Bengals TD to Bernard. It was 4th and inches from the 2. If Bernard is tackled short of the goal line they have a new set of downs with a minute left and they need a yard. The Bengals had already converted on two QB sneaks. There's no way there's enough time left on the clock for the Browns to drive for a TD. It's the exact same situation as the Lions-Falcons game where Detroit let Gurley score so the Lions offense could get the ball back. Any other outcome other than Sendejo letting Bernard score and the Browns likely lose. Yes Sendejo sucks, but it worked in our favor.

I’m not upset at the result. But he still got burnt big time on that play. 

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I haven’t even noticed him this year. I’m not sure he’s fully recovered from his injury. And his reputation is as a coverage Lb. He wasn’t much as a run stopper last year. I’d be interested to see his snap count and grades. 

Wilson had a great pass deflection in the Cincy game. Happen in the end zone or near the goal Line.