Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Even if Takk is hurt, I’d still try to claim him if he hits waivers again.

Do the same thing we did for Curtis Weaver.

Weaver was wavied with an IR designation, so teams were able to sign him and place him on the IR. Takk wasnt, so I dont think you are able to sign and IR him. I think thas why he has been signed and failed, because a team cant place him on the IR immediately 

I once read that the Browns were the ones to convince the Steelers to be one of the three existing NFL teams to join the AFC after the AFL merger.

Over the next 5 decades, the Browns would come to regret that decision. Not only did the Steelers become perennial contenders after the merger (winning 6 Super Bowls, while the Browns last won an NFL title in 1964), but the tide turned significantly in the teams' rivalry.

If the Browns knew all this would happen, they probably would have tried to convince the Cardinals or Saints to join the AFC instead. I'm sure the Browns, if they had better foresight, would have been willing to give up the Steelers rivalry if it meant that team would remain perennial also-rans.

27 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I still want us to run the ball down their throats though.

Run D is actually pretty solid for the most part. We drafted Davon Hamilton and he's really anchored it down for the most part.

You guys have a great OL so you'll still probably get yours/do your thing, but our pass D is our main weakness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Run D is actually pretty solid for the most part. We drafted Davon Hamilton and he's really anchored it down for the most part.

You guys have a great OL so you'll still probably get yours/do your thing, but our pass D is our main weakness.

What I’m getting out of this post is that the Browns need to draft more Buckeyes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

He's been a dawg. Easily our second best rookie in this class behind James Robinson so far.

Our OL hasn’t been playing it’s best football. Maybe it’s just weather, maybe it’s the way other teams have been stacking the box due to weather, but they’ve struggled a bit the past few weeks.

I’m pretty sketched out by this game.

19 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Our OL hasn’t been playing it’s best football. Maybe it’s just weather, maybe it’s the way other teams have been stacking the box due to weather, but they’ve struggled a bit the past few weeks.

I’m pretty sketched out by this game.

Not what I want to hear...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pf9 said:

I once read that the Browns were the ones to convince the Steelers to be one of the three existing NFL teams to join the AFC after the AFL merger.

Over the next 5 decades, the Browns would come to regret that decision. Not only did the Steelers become perennial contenders after the merger (winning 6 Super Bowls, while the Browns last won an NFL title in 1964), but the tide turned significantly in the teams' rivalry.

If the Browns knew all this would happen, they probably would have tried to convince the Cardinals or Saints to join the AFC instead. I'm sure the Browns, if they had better foresight, would have been willing to give up the Steelers rivalry if it meant that team would remain perennial also-rans.

tenor.gif?itemid=4180958

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pf9 said:

Well if you look at this way. Steelers hold a 18 game lead in the overall series record. Browns have only won 6 games since their return. So that is close to 40games they have played. If the browns weren’t screwed during the expansion time and then werent mental midgets in every aspect since  the past few seasons, it wouldn’t be that bad. 

it’s not like the Steelers were this monster for the past 50 years. They had their run in the 70s  but besides that it was pretty dominate by the browns. So get out of here that the browns regret adding the Steelers. 

the real issue is the browns need to play in the south more. I want to see the browns travel past the mason Dixie more often. I’m sick and tired of playing in the north