Browns General Discussion

candyman93

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

Looks like slim pickens.

And available money, of course, will be an issue.

Agreed, I think we should focus on resigning our own guys, some depth signings (This year has proven the importance of depth) and then we just need to nail our first few draft picks 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, captin midnight said:

Rich Scangarello is not being retained by the Eagles. I'd love to bring him in as an Offensive Assistant this offseason due to his experience with our offensive strategy. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/06/report-rich-scangarello-wont-return-to-eagles-coaching-staff/

Yep bring him in on the fact he was a part of the Shanny system 

6 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Agreed, I think we should focus on resigning our own guys, some depth signings (This year has proven the importance of depth) and then we just need to nail our first few draft picks 

Browns still will have Some of the most cap space. They will also gain more as they won’t resign certain guys cause they sucked but they need need to resign 3-4 guys Higgins Goodson and 2 others I can’t remember off the top of my head and look at FA

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yep bring him in on the fact he was a part of the Shanny system 

We have never had a coach poached from any of our staffs(other than Shanny asking to get out of his contract). But in an ideal world AVP gets looked at next off-season and it's best to have someone in house that we can elevate. 

38 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Browns still will have Some of the most cap space. They will also gain more as they won’t resign certain guys cause they sucked but they need need to resign 3-4 guys Higgins Goodson and 2 others I can’t remember off the top of my head and look at FA

I would extend Chubb and Teller this offseason in addition to those 2....and I would also resign Terrance Mitchell, he's not stud, but with all the injuries we've had, he has not played bad, and he's been healthy.....

Wait for the Salary cap to go back up in 2022 and THEN extend Baker and Ward....Franchise QB and #1 CB in the same year.....somebody get the key's to the Brinks Truck and get it Warmed up....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I would extend Chubb and Teller this offseason in addition to those 2....and I would also resign Terrance Mitchell, he's not stud, but with all the injuries we've had, he has not played bad, and he's been healthy.....

Wait for the Salary cap to go back up in 2022 and THEN extend Baker and Ward....Franchise QB and #1 CB in the same year.....somebody get the key's to the Brinks Truck and get it Warmed up....

Before we pay top$$ to Ward I want to see him play 14 games and play maybe a little better. 

Baker is an interesting case, if we want him cheap time is now. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Before we pay top$$ to Ward I want to see him play 14 games and play maybe a little better. 

yeah ward could be tricky.  He’s good as hell, but he does miss a lot of time.

56 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Baker is an interesting case, if we want him cheap time is now. 

I’d absolutely lock him up now if possible.

8 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

before I extend Teller, like @Kiwibrown said about Ward. I would want to see Teller play 14 games. Dude was great this season but  as good as he was as a RG on the field, he was as good getting injured. I would have no issues in franchising a RG if we have too.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

If Stefanski wants us to be more pass heavy long term, Chubb is not a lock to be brought back.

It’s disturbing how he’s been used late in games.

Its not disturbing, just how he splits the work load. Might be difference this week because its a playoff game and the rumor was Hunt was going to see more time as the 3rd WR, so he got those reps and Chubb could play RB. Chubb might not be complaining because all its going to do is elongate his career. Also after coming back from his injury, might try to be saving him. I dont know if this is a full tell abotu what his future might be or might not be in Cleveland.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Its not disturbing, just how he splits the work load. Might be difference this week because its a playoff game and the rumor was Hunt was going to see more time as the 3rd WR, so he got those reps and Chubb could play RB. Chubb might not be complaining because all its going to do is elongate his career. Also after coming back from his injury, might try to be saving him. I dont know if this is a full tell abotu what his future might be or might not be in Cleveland.

This. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

As long as his knee holds up chubb will have a decent career, he doesnt take heaps of big shots and doesnt have the most punishing run style. 

Hunt is a more physical runner imo and has a higher burden on his carries. 

The back from Oakland wont have a long career imo he is a pure power back.