Browns General Discussion

candyman93

15 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’d still be up an upgrade over teller

Teller won’t start IMO. I think Nick Harris starts. Teller doesn’t have the feet to play in an outside zone scheme. I think Harris, while undersized, can reach block much better and will therefore be the best fit at OG. I also wish we would have upgraded RG, just because you need 5 scheme fits up front to make this thing work. I think we have 4, unless Nick Harris is our plan at RG. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

How long do you guys think Myles can play for? As crazy as it sounds, due to his God gifted physical abilities he could have a Julius Peppers career.

He has said he doesnt want to play for a long time for health reasons. I think 10 seasons max. Now that he has had two half seasons, he may make it 11 or 12.

If he can think he will secure a spot in the hall of fame, but that isn't easy for edge rushers. 

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Teller won’t start IMO. I think Nick Harris starts. Teller doesn’t have the feet to play in an outside zone scheme. I think Harris, while undersized, can reach block much better and will therefore be the best fit at OG. I also wish we would have upgraded RG, just because you need 5 scheme fits up front to make this thing work. I think we have 4, unless Nick Harris is our plan at RG. 

Nick Harris isn’t the plan at RG. I believe Forbes is the plan heading into the season as RG. Harris could always end up there but he is the plan for center. I think they want a very good back up center. If JCT goes down with no good back up plan the team is screwed. Look how the offense went to crap when with Shanny as the OC and they lost Alex Mack for the year. IMO when it comes to the zone scheme, the center is the most important lineman. 

I think they will have Forbes Teller and Hubbard battle it out for RG in the beginning 

22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just throwing this out there. If we’re spending fat $$$ on Myles, would it make sense to have him play in a wide 9 scheme and reduce the chance of injury? Let him just use his speed off the edge and put 2 fat boys inside at DT.

The best thing would be to reduce his  workload. It's great having  clayborn

8 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

The best thing would be to reduce his  workload. It's great having  clayborn

Boy, I was screaming this all last season, I think we still need a you guy with upside and plenty of juice in his legs to come in and give quality reps like how Buffalo has Darryl Johnson, or Ade Aruna , or like when we had Armonty Bryant.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Not a shocker, but baker doesn’t check down

Checkdowns on 3rd downs are dumb. So sick of seeing it being 3rd and 8 and the QB makes a 3yard pass and now the browns are facing 4th and 3 and they are punting. I bet that 5yards is making a huge difference in the punting game. 

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just throwing this out there. If we’re spending fat $$$ on Myles, would it make sense to have him play in a wide 9 scheme and reduce the chance of injury? Let him just use his speed off the edge and put 2 fat boys inside at DT.

Why? Doing that isn’t what got him paid or makes him good tho

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Checkdowns on 3rd downs are dumb. So sick of seeing it being 3rd and 8 and the QB makes a 3yard pass and now the browns are facing 4th and 3 and they are punting. I bet that 5yards is making a huge difference in the punting game. 

On 2nd and 10 it's great though, 3rd and 5 is way better than 3rd and 10, especially with two big te and OBJ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Every yard gained makes a difference.

I would rather take the 5 yards than try to force something that isn't there.