Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Just run it back with most of this team next year. Keep guys like Goodson and Terrance Mitchell.

Unfortunately, I’d let Vernon go because of his injury and age.

I'd sign him for a minimal 2 year deal if he would sign it and then put him on the pup list for 21. See if we can get him back for 22 on a min price. If not we aren't out much 

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

IMO, and this is easier said than done, I'd have our DE play more contain on Mahomes than pure rush, unless Myles is able to play like his old self (doubtful), and I'd force them to commit to the run on a personnel level and play an extra DB almost exclusively. If they want to hand off the ball 30+ times, then hat's off.

I'd utilize Phillips, Goodson, and Takitaki on a rotational basis, with one of them underneath on Kelce, then hopefully Harrison over the top on him. 

I'd allocate the extra safety over the top on Hill with Mitchell as the CB, and I'd matchup Ward in man on the outside in single WR situations on that "other guy" or even Hill.

Ultimately, we need to dominate TOP and play offensively the way that this team has in our other big matchups. We cannot afford to settle for field goals, or we are going to lose.

The one thing that we have in our favor, is that KC has had to settle for a LOT of FG. Bend but don't break may play into our favor...which will be frustrating for us to watch live...but it's our best bet IMO.

I concur with everything here, except I think they need to rush Mahomes off the edges on long distance passing downs, for reasons well explained in this video:

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This isn’t surprising at all to me. Baker would become a King if he won a super bowl in Cleveland. I don’t think he realizes that yet.

Oh yeah, the Browns are a different level. They care about baseball more in Cincinnati and basketball in many cities. No on cares about their NFL team more than the Browns.

Baker won 1 playoff game and 80% of the fans went from we'll see to give him a billion dollars. Heck at week 8 half the fans seemed more interested in Dak than the current season. Winning changes a lot of feeling. A win over KC and you'll see some crazy crazy things being said.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

This isn’t surprising at all to me. Baker would become a King if he won a super bowl in Cleveland. I don’t think he realizes that yet.

I am curious what those numbers would be if there wasnt covid. Not being able to go out prolly helped. I know I wouldnt have been home to watch the game if all this stuff wasnt going on 

Did some digging, Chiefs are the worst team in the nfl at stopping teams from scoring TDs inside the redzone. They also really struggle on 3rd down.

They have a solid secondary, but they can’t rush the passer or stop the run. They have to blitz to get pressure.

Cleveland can run right at them all game.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Did some digging, Chiefs are the worst team in the nfl at stopping teams from scoring TDs inside the redzone. They also really struggle on 3rd down.

They have a solid secondary, but they can’t rush the passer or stop the run. They have to blitz to get pressure.

Cleveland can run right at them all game.

Yeah but the issue is we are the worst 3rd and 4th down team of all time. Mahomes is going to have a field day playing 4 downs against us. Our only hope is mahomes getting covid or being around someone with it. MAYBE if we had a healthy 100% Myles we’d have a shot MAYBE. But ward is going to have to be healthy and play lights out. Which I’m not sure can happen. 

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah but the issue is we are the worst 3rd and 4th down team of all time. Mahomes is going to have a field day playing 4 downs against us. Our only hope is mahomes getting covid or being around someone with it. MAYBE if we had a healthy 100% Myles we’d have a shot MAYBE. But ward is going to have to be healthy and play lights out. Which I’m not sure can happen. 

There is no way they are letting Mahommes be in contact with anyone which could result in him being a close contact or testing positive. They can't let that happen.

Not that I would hope for it anyway, but I would hope he throws us 4 interceptions. Or 5. Or more.

36 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

There is no way they are letting Mahommes be in contact with anyone which could result in him being a close contact or testing positive. They can't let that happen.

Not that I would hope for it anyway, but I would hope he throws us 4 interceptions. Or 5. Or more.

No team let’s their players get in contact with someone with covid. But it happens. All the time. It could be something as simple as a trainer unknowingly having it and going to the building. I’d prefer to beat mahomes too. But I’m just saying. Anything is possible this year with covid taking people out.