Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

With Watson wanting out of Houston, was curious as to how many in here would trade Baker str8 up for Deshaun?

Not that it would happen, but wanna see folks put their GM hat on, and see what you would do?

I wouldn’t, I think baker embodies the personality of the city more than Watson, baker to me has the bring it on attitude, where Watson to me the way things are going are not f I don’t like it I’m gonna run from it

41 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I wouldn’t, I think baker embodies the personality of the city more than Watson, baker to me has the bring it on attitude, where Watson to me the way things are going are not f I don’t like it I’m gonna run from it

The personality of the city? What kind of garbage is this? Take the better player 100% of the time. 

47 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

With Watson wanting out of Houston, was curious as to how many in here would trade Baker str8 up for Deshaun?

Not that it would happen, but wanna see folks put their GM hat on, and see what you would do?

Someone is gonna offer like 3 firsts for him. I think Miami might offer something like tua and their 2 picks this year. 

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:
1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I'm in the "yeah maybe your kid gets a little better grades than mine but I'm not making the trade" camp. Mayfield looked better than Watson in the game head to head. Watson has the overall better stats. Watson can't carry a team to wins by evidenced this year. Mayfield was bad last year in a bad situation and won a lot more than Watson did this year.

Basically I would look for reasons not to make the trade.

So I don't wanna and wouldn't entertain it.

Mayfield certainly has a much better arm and Watson may struggle more in the elements.

More erasons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Newp.

Hot take coming: Baker would never passive-aggressively attack the organization through Tweeting rap lyrics meant to imply he wants out. That's a straight up punk/team cancer move if I've ever heard one. The guy doesn't get input on the GM choice so he's telling his teammates he wants out. He's the QB. No position in any sport has more influence on wins (MLB pitcher maybe? 🤔...but still not every game like a QB) so Watson saying he's gotta get out...yuck. and I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that tweet meant exactly what folks are reading into it as saying.

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The personality of the city? What kind of garbage is this? Take the better player 100% of the time. 

Good point. I'll take Baker.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If OBJ could figure out how to gel with Baker, this offense is exactly like what Baker had at Oklahoma: Elite offensive line, elite skill position players, and elite offensive coaching.

Unfortunately, another similarity is a crap defense.

I think OBJ will be better next year. I think the issues of installing and Learning new schemes held back everyone. Year 2 in a scheme baker will be mastering with a guy like OBJ at his disposal. Gotta remember when he was with the giants. Eli and thst scheme was well established. He comes to Cleveland and we have the Freddie Arians system with forced Monken and then Stef installing his new scheme. Just makes you really wonder what OBJ could be doing if he wasn’t hurt. Also it is a blessing in disguise becuase we truly got to see what Higgins is made of. Dude is going to earn himself a nice contract to stay here longer. Feel like there won’t be a need to address WR for another offseason or two

• Like 2