Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I still hate that this mindset tho, cost us long term joe Thomas. He probably played through injuries that made things worst. I bet you if he would had sat out a game or two to take care of an injury when needed. He probably would still be our starting LT. Dude beat the crap out of his body for what, to win 4-5games a year. He was such a technician that probably could have carried him to a king career like Whitworth

Do you think if the Browns were a perennial playoff team with a possible SB run he would have retired? 

Something tells me he decided to move on after going 1-15 then 0-16

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Honestly, he's the one good CB we have. Mitchell tries hard, but he's really not very good.  Not only has Greedy been down with injury, but he was pretty bad when he played.

CB is still a big need for us.

This is one of the sentiments in here that I am not understanding. Its like a LOT of us in here, if a draft pick is not an INSTANT Star game 1 year 1, then he must be a bust, we need to cut him and spend a 1rst round pick on his replacement. Greedy Williams in his first year looked like a kid who was playing CB in the NFL for the first time, in a new defense than the one he just spent years playing, and who got injured early in the process. So when you say Bad....I think about MJ Stewart, a guy who has been in the league for a while, multiple teams and he looks like Powdered Toast man in Coverage, while making the occasional right place/right time INT.

Now due to his injury history, I understand that we cannot depend on him to come in and lock it down. But what's wrong with allowing him time to heal and develop, hell Rashad Higgins needed time to learn, Wyatt Teller just developed this year, Taki Taki is markedly better this year than last year.....now while we may not depend on him, why give up on him? Did something change a kid who JUST turned 23, who's 6'3 and runs a 4.37, was FIRST team all SEC as a freshman, led the SEC in INT's his Freshman year.... did any of that change? If not, lets move forward with him and stop this nonsene about cutting him. I'm not saying someone can live off past accomplishments forever, that is not the point, but by all rights, if he stayed and played 4 years in College, he would be in THIS years Draft.

(Not directed at you @ReggieCamp, in particular. I just used your post as a lighter concept example...some Brothers are calling for cutting him, which is COMPLETELY ASININE)

matrix+fail+andrew+ford

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

This is one of the sentiments in here that I am not understanding. Its like a LOT of us in here, if a draft pick is not an INSTANT Star game 1 year 1, then he must be a bust, we need to cut him and spend a 1rst round pick on his replacement. Greedy Williams in his first year looked like a kid who was playing CB in the NFL for the first time, in a new defense than the one he just spent years playing, and who got injured early in the process. So when you say Bad....I think about MJ Stewart, a guy who has been in the league for a while, multiple teams and he looks like Powdered Toast man in Coverage, while making the occasional right place/right time INT.

Now due to his injury history, I understand that we cannot depend on him to come in and lock it down. But what's wrong with allowing him time to heal and develop, hell Rashad Higgins needed time to learn, Wyatt Teller just developed this year, Taki Taki is markedly better this year than last year.....now while we may not depend on him, why give up on him? Did something change a kid who JUST turned 23, who's 6'3 and runs a 4.37, was FIRST team all SEC as a freshman, led the SEC in INT's his Freshman year.... did any of that change? If not, lets move forward with him and stop this nonsene about cutting him. I'm not saying someone can live off past accomplishments forever, that is not the point, but by all rights, if he stayed and played 4 years in College, he would be in THIS years Draft.

(Not directed at you @ReggieCamp, in particular. I just used your post as a lighter concept example...some Brothers are calling for cutting him, which is COMPLETELY ASININE)

Things are not hopeless for Greedy.  He definitely flashed early on.  I'm just saying that we can't count on him to be a starter.  Cutting him would be crazy, I agree.

I just remember him looking really good in coverage his first couple games.  Then, after missing a few games, he came back, and he simply wasn't good the rest of the year.  Then he missed all this year with injury.

I'm ready for him to come back strong.  He certainly has the physical tools for it. I'm just not banking on it (if I were in charge).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JDD said:

Do you think if the Browns were a perennial playoff team with a possible SB run he would have retired? 

Something tells me he decided to move on after going 1-15 then 0-16

Idk that’s a lot of money he left on the table. He made it sound like his knees were shot to keep playing

What are the expectations of Browns fans for ODB next year? I'm assuming he will be traded, but what is the expected return?

I was bouncing around the idea of Robert Woods + 3rd round pick in 2021 for ODB. Rams need a deep threat and provider of splash plays. Browns get one of the best blocking WR's in the league who is under contract through 2025 with an out in 2022 and only 600K dead money. 

10 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

What are the expectations of Browns fans for ODB next year? I'm assuming he will be traded, but what is the expected return?

I was bouncing around the idea of Robert Woods + 3rd round pick in 2021 for ODB. Rams need a deep threat and provider of splash plays. Browns get one of the best blocking WR's in the league who is under contract through 2025 with an out in 2022 and only 600K dead money. 

I bet that the Browns keep OBJ. I think combined with the Freddie fiasco of 2019 and his injury/new scheme of 2020, he's worth more to us than he will fetch in a trade. Given the lack of separation from CLE WR's against KC in the playoffs and Baltimore earlier in the year, we need someone on the outside with his speed/athleticism.

It won't shock me if we trade him, but I don't think that we will. 

JMHO

• Like 3

What price would it take to move off OBJ? I'm guessing a 1st and a 4th. 

Not many teams would pay that.

Imo it takes us getting two players to move off him. 

There is a rumor that the jets are interested in obj and watson. They have 5 picks in 2 years. If we get 1 for obj, I'd listen.

19 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

What price would it take to move off OBJ? I'm guessing a 1st and a 4th. 

Not many teams would pay that.

Imo it takes us getting two players to move off him. 

There is a rumor that the jets are interested in obj and watson. They have 5 picks in 2 years. If we get 1 for obj, I'd listen.

I would suggest with his current value, I would say 2 2nd's?

If he comes back and catchs 87-1329-10Td's....gonna need that First + Sweetener.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

matrix+fail+andrew+ford

I agree 100% with this post. Another thing that allowing guys time to develop does is build some actual quality depth. Sure, we can focus on drafting quality players, even if they are a position we have recently spent draft assets on, but there is no need to arbitrarily cut and run at the first sign of adversity with a prospect. If we draft a CB or two and they beat out Greedy, so be it, wouldn't it be great to have someone with the potential skill set of greedy as our 4th CB than it would be to bring in the perpetual journeyman. This is how you build strong depth and start to also secure compensatory picks when you let guys leave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I would suggest with his current value, I would say 2 2nd's?

If he comes back and catchs 87-1329-10Td's....gonna need that First + Sweetener.

Id probably take 2 2nds. 
Id love to move on from his cap hit.

If we get two picks, we get 3 players, the draft picks and a free agent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Idk that’s a lot of money he left on the table. He made it sound like his knees were shot to keep playing

He said a while ago on CBD right after he retired that he was told by his doctors that he will most likely need a complete knee replacement within 10 years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

He said a while ago on CBD right after he retired that he was told by his doctors that he will most likely need a complete knee replacement within 10 years

That was probably before he lost all that weight. That weight lose bought him some time to avoid that knee replacement.