Browns General Discussion

candyman93

5 minutes ago, OhioG said:

We should trade for Marshon Lattimore from the Saints.

They need to create cap space and we can offer picks

4th or 5th would be my offer as he is an expiring contract

They would laugh at that. He’s a top tier corner. There’s gonna be a big market for him if he’s available. Usually the going price for a pro bowl player in the last year starts with a 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

They would laugh at that. He’s a top tier corner. There’s gonna be a big market for him if he’s available. Usually the going price for a pro bowl player in the last year starts with a 3rd. 

Well I am only basing it on what I read in their forum. 

They were saying hes been inconsistent and based on their cap issues, they would rather use that money to resign this DE that broke out this year.

But I wouldnt be opposed to sending the Saints 3rd back to them for Lattimore instead of my initial offer of 4th and 5th

15 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Is their that much difference between a 4th and a 5th and a 3rd

25 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Is their that much difference between a 4th and a 5th and a 3rd

Well for random stats. We will use the draft class Lattimore was in. That class produced 6 pro bowlers in the 3rd rd. The 4th and 5th combined produced 5. I would say their is a difference. 

But then the two drafts before, the 4-5th rd produced 1 or 2 more pro bowlers. The drafts after the lattitmore produced more pro bowlers in the 3rd. The year after that, there was only one pro bowler in the 3 rounds (3rd/4th/5th) and it was a punter. 

so over a 5 yr sample or so. 3rd rd has produced more pro bowlers

If they can manage to come up with an extension for him, the Browns trading for Lattimore is a no-brainer. He’s a solid CB1. We need corners. Don’t let some other team outbid you this time if he’s actually being shopped, unless you think he’s one and done here.

18 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

If they can manage to come up with an extension for him, the Browns trading for Lattimore is a no-brainer. He’s a solid CB1. We need corners. Don’t let some other team outbid you this time if he’s actually being shopped, unless you think he’s one and done here.

Given the fact we only gave a 4th for Landry no way due I surrender a 3rd for lattimore.

4 hours ago, OhioG said:

We should trade for Marshon Lattimore from the Saints.

They need to create cap space and we can offer picks

4th or 5th would be my offer as he is an expiring contract

. Because of Covid there will be all pros selected in the 6th round this year.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

. Because of Covid there will be all pros selected in the 6th round this year.

🤯Diamonds in the rough for sure due to COVID. Tom Brady type of finds in the 6th. 

I love the way you think, and I would have never thought of this independently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

🤯Diamonds in the rough for sure due to COVID. Tom Brady type of finds in the 6th. 

I love the way you think, and I would have never thought of this independently.

No worries just think how much state of the art analytics could give us in that draft.

• Like 4