Browns General Discussion

candyman93

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Random, but you’d go for it on 4th down if Baker didn’t convert on this play right?

I feel like there’s zero chance Stefanski doesn’t go for it.

Yeah, probably. Not a lot of options really. Too far to attempt a FG. a punt could go in the end zone and end up only netting you 20 yards and a FG would have gave them the game. They would have been without a timeout and about a minute left but that would have been scary.

The odds of winning are certainly greatest if you go for it. Say there is a 65% chance you pick it up. Of the other 35% there is probably only a 30-40% chance they get in FG range and make the kick. If you punt they probably have a 25% chance. So without doing the math, if I could even remember how, I'd guess there is 10% better odds that you win by attempting to go for it.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Cold take on keeping Beckham, but I generally agree. Starts at 2:13ish:

Tbh Nick wright here is spot on. They need to flip OBJ for a impact defensive player or another 1st rounder. Can you trade players on the franchise tag? Could we potentially trade OBJ for Shaq Barrett if the Bucs tag him?

They could then resign Higgins and pick up a veteran WR off the scrap heap like Desean Jackson.

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Tbh Nick wright here is spot on. They need to flip OBJ for a impact defensive player or another 1st rounder. Can you trade players on the franchise tag? Could we potentially trade OBJ for Shaq Barrett if the Bucs tag him?

They could then resign Higgins and pick up a veteran WR off the scrap heap like Desean Jackson.

Trade obj for barrett,  sign higgins, draft a wr in the 3rd round. 

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

We’re not getting a 1st for Odell 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

To a contender you could. 33 year old Matt Stafford just got traded for two 1s and a 3rd. Its not out of the question that OBJ could net a late 1st

Yeah, but the problem here is that Stafford wasn't coming off a torn ACL. Also the market tends to be inflated when it comes to QBs, but not so much with WRs. I could see someone willing to go up to a 2nd rounder, but unlikely a 1st. I think if we move OBJ now we will find ourselves in the unenviable position of buying high (giving up a 1st rounder to get him) and selling low (2nd or lower to trade him and never really getting the value we expected when we brought him in). I think we are likely better off keeping OBJ and Landry until their deals end, resign Higgins, and draft a guy in the 2nd to 4th round to groom behind them along with Higgins and DPJ as our future at WR. This will give us the best value at the moment of having an explosive yet affordable offense while planning for the future.

As for pass rusher opposite Garrett, I think we might be in the position of having to go with a combination of players to fill what we need. Landing a top FA will be too expenses and anyone we draft is likely going to take a little time to develop. It would probably be best for us to try and sign a good value pickup in FA and draft someone in the first 4 rounds. All in all, we are going to need to hit on a fair number of draft picks this year in order to maintain our push toward being a Super Bowl caliber team.

48 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

To a contender you could. 33 year old Matt Stafford just got traded for two 1s and a 3rd. Its not out of the question that OBJ could net a late 1st

Because Stafford is a QB... Odell is an injury prone wr who hasn’t played at a pro bowl level in like 4 years. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Because Stafford is a QB... Odell is an injury prone wr who hasn’t played at a pro bowl level in like 4 years. 

This is true, but his name still carry weight around the league. A team could easily get caught up in what he did and pull the trigger

• Like 1

I think the best thing we could get for OBJ now is a 3rd and a conditional say 5th next year, that upgrades based on his performance capping off at a 2nd (if he repeats his best season).....and after the Dallas game last year, I thought to myself, how does NOT having OBJ and the additional 3rd round pick help us beat KC?

11 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This is true, but his name still carry weight around the league. A team could easily get caught up in what he did and pull the trigger

Yeah sure. For a 3rd. No team is dumb enough to give up a 1st for him. Not right now. He’d have to come out dominating this season. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah sure. For a 3rd. No team is dumb enough to give up a 1st for him. Not right now. He’d have to come out dominating this season. 

I think we could easily get a 3rd and another 3rd that could become a 2 next year if he plays all 16 games.