Jump to content

Browns General Discussion


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Random, but you’d go for it on 4th down if Baker didn’t convert on this play right?
 

I feel like there’s zero chance Stefanski doesn’t go for it.

Yeah, probably. Not a lot of options really. Too far to attempt a FG. a punt could go in the end zone and end up only netting you 20 yards and a FG would have gave them the game. They would have been without a timeout and about a minute left but that would have been scary.

The odds of winning are certainly greatest if you go for it. Say there is a 65% chance you pick it up. Of the other 35% there is probably only a 30-40% chance they get in FG range and make the kick. If you punt they probably have a 25% chance. So without doing the math, if I could even remember how, I'd guess there is 10% better odds that you win by attempting to go for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...