Browns General Discussion

candyman93

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

In terms of tiers, I think we’re in the Buffalo / Baltimore group as challengers to Kansas City. I think we can absolutely beat either Buffalo or Baltimore in a playoff game.

Can? Sure. We can beat KC in a playoff game also. We've got a long way to go (as in time) to see if we'd actually be favorites if/when it happens.

First thing first we need to play well enough to make the playoffs. It should happen but man, it's been a long time since we've been a winning club in back to back seasons. It's also been a long time since we've been in this good of shape to make a run.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Can? Sure. We can beat KC in a playoff game also. We've got a long way to go (as in time) to see if we'd actually be favorites if/when it happens.

First thing first we need to play well enough to make the playoffs. It should happen but man, it's been a long time since we've been a winning club in back to back seasons. It's also been a long time since we've been in this good of shape to make a run.

If our first two picks are DE and CB and they hit the ground running. A speed guy is brought in for 15-20 snaps a game. Baker has a complete team around him.

The FO has done a fantastic job. The more good deals we do, the more opportunities there will be in the future for cheap one year deals in the future. Just an incredible turnaround.

4 hours ago, Don Roshi said:

If our first two picks are DE and CB and they hit the ground running. A speed guy is brought in for 15-20 snaps a game. Baker has a complete team around him.

The FO has done a fantastic job. The more good deals we do, the more opportunities there will be in the future for cheap one year deals in the future. Just an incredible turnaround.

These 1 gear deals are crazy. Is this normally how it works with good teams in FA or more because of the TV contract thing and nobody wants to sign longterm

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

These 1 gear deals are crazy. Is this normally how it works with good teams in FA or more because of the TV contract thing and nobody wants to sign longterm

This year better players are taking them because of the TV deal,  but they’re not uncommon.

Last year we signed Sendejo, Joseph, Billings, Goodson, etc. to 1 year “prove it” deals to try to fill some holes.

This is exactly the same thing.

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I really don't know. I've never followed a good team. And by good I mean sustainable too, so the Cavs don't count.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

The only way we beat KC in a playoff game is if we get the same refs from the super bowl. If their secondary is allowed to be grab happy, we’re screwed.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The only way we beat KC in a playoff game is if we get the same refs from the super bowl. If their secondary is allowed to be grab happy, we’re screwed.

The same could be said for beating the Ravens. They hold more than any team I've ever seen maybe minus the Patriots' teams that just held the Colts team's receivers but the Ravens do it every game. Yeah, they get called 3 or 4 times per game but I'd take that when you hold 3 or 4 times every play. I'd guess Marlon Humphrey holds on 90% of plays (he pretty much has to he doesn't have adequate quickness)  and only gets called 2 or 3 times per game. Buster Skrine held 4 times per game and got called 5 times per game. This isn't a fair league and sometimes you have to overcome teams and officials and we're likely going to have to do that unless they suddenly get smitten with us. Sometimes you just have to be 10% better than your opponent to win and if we can do that again this year maybe we start getting calls. It isn't happening this year thopugh, at least against the better teams in the league. I've come to accept that. As a fan I know we are partly to blame so I accept it but it still irritates me.