Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Hue Jackson is releasing a book at the end of the year. He states he was lied to by management and ownership, claiming a analytics vs football mentality rather than a football and analytics mentality. 

He also bemoans the failed trade for AJ. Who has proven to be a back up in nfl. The guy really doesnt get it 

I’m sure folks are lining up to hear his side of things 😂 

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Hue Jackson is releasing a book at the end of the year. He states he was lied to by management and ownership, claiming a analytics vs football mentality rather than a football and analytics mentality. 

He also bemoans the failed trade for AJ. Who has proven to be a back up in nfl. The guy really doesnt get it 

Yeah I listened to his interview on WKNR this morning. He’s one of the most delusional people I’ve ever “known”. It’s actually kind of sad. I can’t believe at one time awhile ago I really liked him as a human being. But after his coaching, and his multiple interviews...and sigh his *** photo in Lake Erie I just, I just can’t. 

14 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I loathed him from the beginning, still do and can't imagine learning anything from reading it that would change my mind.

To summarize, he basically said that the Browns used him as a scapegoat for their own internal problems. They basically tanked with their analytics approach and threw him out there as the front man to absorb all of the backlash.

He also said that there was a lot of promises that were made that the Browns last min. never delivered on. Said one thing but did another, like the canceling of the AJ McCarron trade along with Hue supposably being told he would get a contract extension that never came. He said he never wanted Kessler or was ever consulted on QB decisions despite him having a QB coach background. The Browns basically just took guys analytics loved, like Kessler.

He sounded very convinced and not like he was making anything up. I do feel bad for him given the amount of backlash he got. The Browns essentially traded away or cut every decent piece on the team in order to tank for draft picks then everyone blamed Hue for how bad the team was.

Edited by AkronsWitness

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hahaha! I remember that. That was actually brought up in his interview by Goldhammer and his response was "what did you want me to say?"

Is what he is saying now the same thing? What do you want me to say? He just can't be trusted, I wouldn't waste my money or time reading what he may or may not think is the truth. I wish him the best but glad I don't have to listen to him anymore.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

To summarize, he basically said that the Browns used him as a scapegoat for their own internal problems. They basically tanked with their analytics approach and threw him out there as the front man to absorb all of the backlash.

He also said that there was a lot of promises that were made that the Browns last min. never delivered on. Said one thing but did another, like the canceling of the AJ McCarron trade along with Hue supposably being told he would get a contract extension that never came. He said he never wanted Kessler or was ever consulted on QB decisions despite him having a QB coach background. The Browns basically just took guys analytics loved, like Kessler.

He sounded very convinced and not like he was making anything up. I do feel bad for him given the amount of backlash he got. The Browns essentially traded away or cut every decent piece on the team in order to tank for draft picks then everyone blamed Hue for how bad the team was.

Pathological liars always sound convincing. 

The person who fd up the most was jimmy, parliringnpeople who were ideological incompatible.

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Pathological liars always sound convincing. 

The person who fd up the most was jimmy, parliringnpeople who were ideological incompatible.

I actually believe him to some degree that he didn’t know what this would be.  I don’t think any coach gets on board for the rebuild Sashi had in mind, certainly not one being hired by Jimmy Haslam.

They weren’t supposed to win the first 2 years, that was by design to clear the books and accumulate assets, but 1-31 was inexcusable.

year one was a disaster at QB injury wise, but I felt Hue actually made an attempt at building the scheme around the talent.  

Year 2 he thumbed his nose at it, blatantly, as did his DC. It seemed rather evident that they wanted the FO to look as bad as possible so he could get more influence. The schemes were 100% the opposite of what the talent supported.

Year 3 he and his OC we literally the biggest issue, both schematically and as far as actually creating a good working environment.

But in the end this may have all been avoided had Jimmy just done what he should have and listened to the results of the coaching search and hired Sean McDermott.

• Like 1

Sure the Browns front office is/was a mess with Haslam trying to meddle with things.

But Hue Jackson's failures fall on his shoulders. The guys he pounded the table for were atrocious overreaches. The playcalling made no sense. The people that were getting reps over others was mind-boggling.

Hue was a clueless buffoon. And now he wants to throw other people under the bus? That's the ultimate clown move. He should be embarrassed.