Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 minute ago, LinebackerGod said:

Sure the Browns front office is/was a mess with Haslam trying to meddle with things.

But Hue Jackson's failures fall on his shoulders. The guys he pounded the table for were atrocious overreaches. The playcalling made no sense. The people that were getting reps over others was mind-boggling.

Hue was a clueless buffoon. And now he wants to throw other people under the bus? That's the ultimate clown move. He should be embarrassed.

We traded Carlos Hyde on a Friday afternoon to force him to give the ball to Chubb more lol

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Our leadership team, 3 years ago:

Jimmy Haslam, Dee Haslam, John Dorsey, Hue Jackson, Todd Haley, Gregg Williams, and Freddie Kitchens.

giphy.gif

And Freddie was actually the brains of the operation and clearly had the most cognitive and practical ability...he's the one who spoke up on Hard Knocks. LOL

1 hour ago, zelbell said:

We traded Carlos Hyde on a Friday afternoon to force him to give the ball to Chubb more lol

It was almost verbatim that scene from Moneyball where Billy Beane trades their rookie 1B so that the coach has to play Scott Hatteburg. 

35 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It was almost verbatim that scene from Moneyball where Billy Beane trades their rookie 1B so that the coach has to play Scott Hatteburg. 

Tonya Harding. Just forcing away the competition.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

and that trade worked out well for the Tigers. Pena and Bonderman for Jeff Weaver. 

Though I did watch Franklyn German blow a game during that amazing 2002 tigers season.

Nothing like sitting in a stadium with your own section. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

something tells me we’ll all have that chance this year.

I wouldn't pay good money to go watch a bad baseball team.

I have started thinking about getting tickets for a Browns game. Also they play the NFCN so going to Lambeau or Minn could be fun. I'm already seen them play in Detroit and Soldier Field. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 8:35 AM, ReggieCamp said:

Our leadership team, 3 years ago:

Jimmy Haslam, Dee Haslam, John Dorsey, Hue Jackson, Todd Haley, Gregg Williams, and Freddie Kitchens.

giphy.gif

I never bought into the garbage of “it takes 5 years to build a winner.” You can be competitive in 2 years if you get a QB.

Really like how our roster is taking shape. The defense will be very improved.

• 2 weeks later...

Question, who on our roster is truly untouchable?

Myles - Obvious

Baker - If he continues to develop

I would say Denzel Ward if he could actually stay healthy. Every stat I’ve read says he’s a beast when he’s actually on the field.

Would you say Conklin? He’s a 26 year old dominant all pro RT. If he was a LT, it’s no question.

I want to say Wyatt, but he’s a RG.

If Jedrick continues to develop I’d say him too.

I guess the simple answer is whoever is young and has all pro potential.

Edited by candyman93

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Question, who on our roster is truly untouchable?

Myles - Obvious

Baker - If he continues to develop

I would say Denzel Ward if he could actually stay healthy. Every stat I’ve read says he’s a beast when he’s actually on the field.

Would you say Conklin? He’s a 26 year old dominant all pro RT. If he was a LT, it’s no question.

I want to say Wyatt, but he’s a RG.

If Jedrick continues to develop I’d say him too.

I guess the simple answer is whoever is young and has all pro potential.

It's not from a talent standpoint, but if we lose Jarvis I think the soul of the team is gone. I know a lot of guys want to deal him while he's still got a nice bit of value, but he's worth more to us than any other team. Does that make him untouchable? Probably not. I think the FO and coaching staff alike know that he's the guy they turn to when morale is going south. 

• Like 3