Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

There are myriad reasons for Baker to want to sign.  A few offhand are...lemme see...injury risk before he gets his (minimum) one big payday with huge guarantees is a reason to sign; getting big guarantees in case he regresses a bit statistically this year for whatever reason is a reason to sign; he's going to likely come close to resetting the market, so we're talking top-5 money compared to the possibility of top-3 money--might just not think that risk is that valuable; and finally, he may just be a team player who would rather get the extension squared away so he has stability in the team and helps the team re-sign guys like Chubb. 

That said, I understand why he might wait to sign, though I don't think any of us know what is going through Baker and our FO's' heads right now.  Hopefully, as usual, I'm right and you're wrong.

idk, you see the massive TV deals you just saw the NFL sign, you gotta let that market cap reset. 

I understand all your reasons and I totally understand. Injury is always there but Baker has never been a guy who gets nicked up. I think if he had an injury history, it be smart to sign now. Like Ward should be a guy who trys and sign sooner rather than later.

you look at the roster built for this upcoming season and the entire offensive coaching staff coming back, would you bet on yourself to  improve or regress? I think he is betting on himself and its a smart bet to make. 

he can be a team guy but next year with a huge new market he can still prolly sign a better potential contract and still leave money for everyone else.

ill just never complain about a guy trying to get paid.  might not be happy if it hurts my team but this is a business. 

if an agent gets you to sign just an avg or slightly above avg contract right now, thats a bad agent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

So... you're saying Baker is better than Andy Dalton? ;) 

It was a poor man's Andy Dalton but... Candy is like that. 2nd quarter wants QB cut and 3rd quarter he wants him in the HOF. It's part of his charm. He is the world today magnified 3X.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Baker will have a better season than Lamar and Allen. I’m being 100% serious too.

He has the better roster + better scheme.

I think Baker will have the better career but these are the prime years for Lamar and Josh as they do so much work with their legs to pick up yards.

Allen had pretty much the same protection numbers as Mayfield last year and probably better receiving options and a lesser running game. Pretty even in my eyes. Lamar's protection wasn't far behind and he needs RBs and TE's and WR shouldn't be that big of a concern because you want to play to Lamar's strengths and that's his legs, RBs and TE's.

As far as scheme the 2019 scheme was perfect for Lamar they just need to stop worrying about him hitting outside receivers, do what works for you. If he craps the bed in the playoffs let him do it doing what he does best, not trying to be something he isn't.

I don't really know much about the Bills scheme, ours could certainly be better.

On 4/23/2021 at 9:06 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Listening to state sponsored media this am and they interviewed Woods and he said in his previous years as DC they’d run dime as much as 400 snaps per year (roughly 40% of all defensive snaps).

Last year we ran dime 16 snaps. 

To say we’re going to see a different defense this year is an understatement 

That’s not what scrabble says

20 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

That’s not what scrabble says

I’ll believe it when I see it. He coached for a defensive HC in Denver so who knows what system they were actually running. If that was the system he wanted to run then he should have ran it last year. Because that garbage system he tried to run last year wasn’t working out anyway. 

20 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Small slow corners and Andrew sendejovs the chiefs tyreek hill, mecole and travis kelce

We’re not stopping their offense, but we can slow them down.

I was originally more frustrated at how poor our offense performed, until I started noticing how grab happy they were. They got burnt for their style of play in the super bowl. We can beat them if the refs call holding / DPI against their secondary next year.

Baker battled his *** off in that game despite the circumstances.

Edited by candyman93

24 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We didn’t have the talent to run whatever crap he wanted to run last year either. So if his true scheme is 4 corners then run it. 

And if he did and when it inevitably failed you’d call him an idiot for not adjusting to the “talent” and instead just running his system.

If you’re not willing to accept that the talent simply wasn’t good enough to field a competitive defense, which based on this offseason the FO seems to think is the case, I’m not sure what else to say. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1