Browns General Discussion

candyman93

27 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We’re not stopping their offense, but we can slow them down.

I was originally more frustrated at how poor our offense performed, until I started noticing how grab happy they were. They got burnt for their style of play in the super bowl. We can beat them if the refs call holding / DPI against their secondary next year.

Baker battled his *** off in that game despite the circumstances.

I'm not sure why didnt do the same. The two turning points of the game where the higgins fumble and mahomes going down.

39 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Stands to reason that if the nerds do their jobs right we will widen the gaps between us and BALT/PITT further:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-all-32-nfl-rosters-ahead-of-the-2021-nfl-draft

Pittsburgh only scares me if they start Mason Rudolph and they play ball control style offense with him.

If they do that and add a runningback, they’re going to be tough. It will be like the week 17 game. That’s even with a terrible offensive line.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Pittsburgh only scares me if they start Mason Rudolph and they play ball control style offense with him.

If they do that and add a runningback, they’re going to be tough. It will be like the week 17 game. That’s even with a terrible offensive line.

Think you are underestimating what adding a couple of contributing picks in the draft will do to complete this D.

By no means the week 17 D.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Now what are you even talking about?

• Like 1

Rewatching the chiefs game- baker played well, one error him was the int he threw, others the team was pretty bad around him. 

Chubb dropped 3 passes 1, was slightly off target. Jarvis dropped a pass that would have been a very difficult catch for two yards and Hooper put another on on the dirt too. 

Our offense didnt look fast, I wont be surprised if we draft a burner wr with one of our top picks. 

Ronnie harrison had a good game, rushed the passer well  

I like how woods tried to get after mahomes, we didnt have the back end to help. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Rewatching the chiefs game- baker played well, one error him was the int he threw, others the team was pretty bad around him. 

Chubb dropped 3 passes 1, was slightly off target. Jarvis dropped a pass that would have been a very difficult catch for two yards and Hooper put another on on the dirt too. 

Our offense didnt look fast, I wont be surprised if we draft a burner wr with one of our top picks. 

Ronnie harrison had a good game, rushed the passer well  

I like how woods tried to get after mahomes, we didnt have the back end to help. 

Sounds right from what I remember. Nobody on offense really stepped up.

Health will be huge this off-season. I feel like we already drafted 2 guys with Delpit/Greedy coming back so that's awesome.

49 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Sounds right from what I remember. Nobody on offense really stepped up.

Health will be huge this off-season. I feel like we already drafted 2 guys with Delpit/Greedy coming back so that's awesome.

They  are almost like an extension of our rookie class. Our db room has one great mentors- jj3 and hill

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

They  are almost like an extension of our rookie class. Our db room has one great mentors- jj3 and hill

Yuuup just need 1 more CB to round everything out.

Outside of that, blow the rest of the draft on the defensive front 7 and OL. Trenches trenches trenches.

Maybe take a random 4.3 WR too to appease the FF.com Browns Sub Forum fanbase 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yuuup just need 1 more CB to round everything out.

Outside of that, blow the rest of the draft on the defensive front 7 and OL. Trenches trenches trenches.

Maybe take a random 4.3 WR too to appease the FF.com Browns Sub Forum fanbase 

One of the problems with higgins is he lacks versatility. He can run routes and catch extremely well, which is important, but his screen game and end around game is nonexistent.

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

One of the problems with higgins is he lacks versatility. He can run routes and catch extremely well, which is important, but his screen game and end around game is nonexistent.

That's true, that's something OBJ should be really good at given the opportunity if it's in the playbook at least for this season. Get the dude the ball in his hands.

I'm also looking forward to a sophomore leap from DPJ. If the Browns are looking to fill the "Big #1 outside WR post OBJ" I really with the would call DEN on draft day about Tim Patrick.

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

That's true, that's something OBJ should be really good at given the opportunity if it's in the playbook at least for this season. Get the dude the ball in his hands.

I'm also looking forward to a sophomore leap from DPJ. If the Browns are looking to fill the "Big #1 outside WR post OBJ" I really with the would call DEN on draft day about Tim Patrick.

I think OBJ needs to just find his role in the offense and not have the ball force fed to him.

A reverse or jet sweep sure, but other than that he’s a guy who I’d look for as a deep threat and gadget guy much more so than a true number one. It’s been a few years and a handful of injuries since he was that guy.

Pretending he’s still elite was far and away our biggest issue offensively last season.

I honestly think we could have a special defense not next year, but the year after.

Myles will be at his peak prime at 27. I’m drinking the Clowney Kool Aid and think he will work out. Ward, Delpit, Harrison (we need to resign him), Hill, and Johnson will have had time to gel and grow. Then you factor in 1-2 draft picks being major contributors for this unit.

This time last year the offensive line was horrible and now it’s the best in the NFL. Be patient with the defense, help is on the way.

However, consequently I expect a massive drop off from the offense around that time too. I could see Jarvis and OBJ being gone in 2 years. I could see Joel and JC being gone. Austin Hooper could be let go if he doesn’t produce. No idea what we will do with Nick and Kareem. The only 3 guarantees are Baker, Jedrick, and Jack.

Edited by candyman93

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I honestly think we could have a special defense not next year, but the year after.

Myles will be at his peak prime at 27. I’m drinking the Clowney Kool Aid and think he will work out. Ward, Delpit, Harrison (we need to resign him), Hill, and Johnson will have had time to gel and grow. Then you factor in 1-2 draft picks being major contributors for this unit.

This time last year the offensive line was horrible and now it’s the best in the NFL. Be patient with the defense, help is on the way.

However, consequently I expect a massive drop off from the offense around that time too. I could see Jarvis and OBJ being gone in 2 years. I could see Joel and JC being gone. Austin Hooper could be let go if he doesn’t produce. No idea what we will do with Nick and Kareem. The only 3 guarantees are Baker, Jedrick, and Jack.

Conklin is only signed through the 2022-2023 season, so our OL could look very different in about two years.

I very much could see us drafting 1-2 high upside OL in the middle or later part of the draft to be eventual replacements for guys like Tretter, Bitonio and Conklin (and Teller if he's not resigned, which I very much hope he will be).