Browns General Discussion

candyman93

On 5/27/2021 at 9:57 AM, MWil23 said:

Aside from the nerds never going for it, I can't imagine a world where we'd allocate all that money to yet ANOTHER wide receiver with 2 high priced guys already on the books. 

Landry is gone after this year, or as soon as Julio arrives. 

Julio would only be an $11M cap hit in 2022 and 2023, which is unreasonably low for a player of his caliber.

4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Landry is gone after this year, or as soon as Julio arrives. 

Julio would only be an $11M cap hit in 2022 and 2023, which is unreasonably low for a player of his caliber.

You spelled Odell wrong.

And Julio is not coming to the Browns. Idk why I feel the need to reinforce that bit I do

Edited by AkronsWitness

51 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

You spelled Odell wrong.

And Julio is not coming to the Browns. Idk why I feel the need to reinforce that bit I do

I guess you don't tire of being wrong.

Odell's salary for 2021 was guaranteed on the 3rd day of the league year. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’ll also be 33 and 34

HOF WRs have a history of being extremely productive at that age. If he's an outlier and doesn't, that's still a bargain for one of the best WRs in the league.

Beats paying Jarvis $16M to not produce top 20 numbers. 

• Like 1

@ditchdigger if that’s how they wanted to play it then so be it, and maybe giving them back Landry as a piece of the trade would be something that they’d look at. Not having that type of weapon in the slot would be a missing piece, but if they’re able to move OBJ or Julio there while utilizing Higgins more on the outside or even DPJ as well, then I won’t complain.

19 hours ago, ditchdigger said:
20 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

You spelled Odell wrong.

I guess you don't tire of being wrong.

Odell's salary for 2021 was guaranteed on the 3rd day of the league year. 

Julio's salary is guaranteed also. That just means you have to trade either of them and not cut them which wouldn't happen anyway.

I personally would take Landry's skill set along with Julio over OBJ and Julio. OBJ averaged 2 more yards per reception than Landry last year but Landry caught 71% of his targets compared to 53% for OBJ. In 2019 Landry averaged more yards per catch than OBJ along with a higher catch percentage. Landry is also cheaper and seems much more likely to renegotiate.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 8:31 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think the union and league came to an agreement. So he’s not breaking rank. 

This suggests otherwise:

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/pro/browns/2021/05/30/cleveland-browns-defensive-end-myles-garrett-ready-attend-otas-nfl-kevin-stefanski-jc-tretter/5270276001/

Sounds more like he is leading, and taking a pass on Tretter's "leadership".

• Like 1