Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

and encourage the other accomplished vets to chill out until it matters as well. 

He has not limited his message to them.

Doing so would require dignity and a willingness to compromise vs. the "ya vol mein fuhrer" response he is advocating and seeking.

I would be less critical if he had the decency to confine his rhetoric to accomplished vets vs. promoting wooden adherence to the undifferentiated union BS mantra.

Wonder about the stigma he and his ilk will attach to players that blow him off?

• Like 1

The NFL has enough money. They should be paying these guys if they want them there. With that said, the voluntary but not really voluntary thing has been going on for ages at every single level. I can go back to high school with this. Most of our workouts leading up to the actual playing season were voluntary. Minimal oversight, but people knew who were there and it’s voluntary but not really. It’s like this anywhere at about every level. The difference here is that when you make millions of dollars, you have leverage. I am not on either side here. The owners should be paying, but I’m not going to victimize these athletes either. For the guys trying to make it, grind and get what you want and prove yourself. For the guys that are already established, I guess you have your choice and I guess I can see either side. I’m not going to pick sides when both sides are just rich trying to get richer. If we are talking strictly about the Browns though, stay healthy, stay focused whether it’s on your own or with your team, and there’s plenty of time once fall rolls around that I’m not really worried here if guys show up or not in June. Unless we are talking about a quarterbacks chemistry with a wide receiver, I really don’t see all that much value in organized activities this time of year. Nothing that can’t be supplemented by someone’s own program. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

All of the young, hungry bubble guys are going to show up anyways.

This is actually a good point. Let the guys get more chances to shine.

Would Bruce be upset if Tom Brady didn’t show up for his team?

On 6/2/2021 at 1:54 PM, candyman93 said:

Kinda a “no duh” but we really need to try and get the #1 seed next year.

Trying to beat Buffalo AND Kansas City in the playoffs will be a lot to ask.

So will trying to beat Buffalo and Cleveland or KC and Cleveland

Edited by JDD
  • Like 4

On 6/1/2021 at 9:31 PM, bruceb said:

Completely different situation.

He was late in his career, the team was going nowhere and he happened to be about as good as it gets.

Tretter, imho, is representing his aging fat ***, not the interests of the younger and newly added players and certainly not the better interests of the team.

or you know , trying to represent the players, to stop working for free. There is a reason only some players have workout bonuses. If guys stopped showing up, it would hurt franchises, and force them to pay for that aspect. 

there is a reason why the owners have the most leverage compared to MLB and NBA. Tretter needs to change that. Also would assume he knows best when he has labor relations degree an ivy league school.

we get it, you are anti labor, you have made that plenty of times

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

we get it, you are anti labor, you have made that plenty of times

Was a teamster for 5 years.

Learned the hard way.

Oh, and majored in labor at Georgetown, graduate law.

Edited by bruceb
Complete thought
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, buno67 said:

so you went from teamster to lawyer who fights to hurt labor? 

Not to hurt labor.

To make unions work for the betterment of their members instead of for the betterment of themselves.

• Like 1

tenor.gif

But seriously, this stuff should just be mandatory. Players should be working out on-site IMO and not just selectively given workout bonuses. Everyone should get paid to work out as part of playing in this league.

The union has screwed the players in a lot of ways, but this ain't it. Injuries at minicamp should make a player uncuttable until he is healthy, as well as guaranteeing payment. The NFLPA are Judases. The deal is terrible. Throw Demaurma from the train.

I'm glad he's a good center, but screw what Tretter is doing. It's not helpful.

$0.02.

Alright. Now roast me.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

tenor.gif

But seriously, this stuff should just be mandatory. Players should be working out on-site IMO and not just selectively given workout bonuses. Everyone should get paid to work out as part of playing in this league.

The union has screwed the players in a lot of ways, but this ain't it. Injuries at minicamp should make a player uncuttable until he is healthy, as well as guaranteeing payment. The NFLPA are Judases. The deal is terrible. Throw Demaurma from the train.

I'm glad he's a good center, but screw what Tretter is doing. It's not helpful.

$0.02.

Alright. Now roast me.

Agree completely.

It warms my heart to hear Garrett, Ward and Walker talk about being there to help the young and new guys.

Doing the right thing for teammates and the team.

Haven't heard any words about any of that from Tretter or the union.

• Like 1