Browns General Discussion

candyman93

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

Agree completely.

It warms my heart to hear Garrett, Ward and Walker talk about being there to help the young and new guys.

Doing the right thing for teammates and the team.

Haven't heard any words about any of that from Tretter or the union.

That's because you haven't listened to him. He believes the right thing for him, and any other player that chooses, is to rest his body in preparation for a long season. The data backs him up on this.

7 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

That's because you haven't listened to him. He believes the right thing for him, and any other player that chooses, is to rest his body in preparation for a long season. The data backs him up on this.

Yep.

I think minicamps and such are actually good because it’s so far away from the start of the season, they’re not physically demanding, and they can meet new teammates and such, but I’m absolutely on board with a lot of these vets having very minimal training camps.

Whatever they need to get physically prepared and that’s it.  All of these vets should be mentally ready walking in the door.

I do wish the vets were there and not participating though.  It would be good for everyone to get to know each other and for the young guys to have vets to help mentor them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep.

I think minicamps and such are actually good because it’s so far away from the start of the season, they’re not physically demanding, and they can meet new teammates and such, but I’m absolutely on board with a lot of these vets having very minimal training camps.

Whatever they need to get physically prepared and that’s it.  All of these vets should be mentally ready walking in the door.

I do wish the vets were there and not participating though.  It would be good for everyone to get to know each other and for the young guys to have vets to help mentor them.

well offensively, we arent adding a lot of new pieces and we have seen the skill players working out with each other. with Schwartz working out with Landry and others and they will prolly be working out through out the summer. They can get away from the voluntary stuff.

the defense is approaching it right.  a lot of new pieces with FAs and rookies, and scheme being adapted. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bruceb said:

Not to hurt labor.

To make unions work for the betterment of their members instead of for the betterment of themselves.

sounds like you want unions to work better for the company...you join the union for the betterment of yourself and from their you gain brotherhood as you want to be  together because their is strength in number in getting what you want as the worker. 

I joined the IBEW because of what it will pay ME, the benefits it gives ME, potential retirement it will give ME. When we have to vote, im voting for what will benefit ME. 

You look at the past NFL CBA, there is a reason the owners threw so much stuff that would benefit the young/barely been in the league guys, because they know the vets know better kinda like JCT knows these workouts are not better for the players since a majority of it is free/not paying guys. yeah if you get hurt, youre covered for the year but now that injury is going to hurt your potential future earnings. You want guys to be there for the workouts, pay them to be there.

Are you willing to work for free on the weekend? Im sure as hell not. this is similar to what they are doing at these Voluntary workouts. have them working during their offseason. now if you have workout provisions in your contract, thats a different story

18 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Already had and just did again.

Not sure how you equate "He believes the right thing for him, and any other player that chooses, is to rest his body in preparation for a long season." with what's best for the team and the new and younger players. 

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m absolutely on board with a lot of these vets having very minimal training camps.

Thought we were talking about OTAs.

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

sounds like you want unions to work better for the company

With the company, for the betterment of their members, the company's employees.

If they are not collaborating with the company to find best solutions to real problems, vs. those they fabricate to cause dissension in the ranks, they are doing a disservice to their members.

Unions engage in lose-lose, not win-win, games.

I get the ME, ME, ME....

Just like Tretter.

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

Just like Tretter.

but yet it benefits every other vet. player who has been playing for 5+ seasons...

it hurts the bubble or the players fighting for one of the last few rosters spots. Those guys wont be in the league 2yrs from now and  contributing to the pension and retirement or overall caring for the long haul. its also exactly way ownership went after that aspect. because they know they can get away giving them the crumbs, while owners get the whole slice.

tretter advise guys to dont work for free but yet he is the a-hole to you

59 minutes ago, buno67 said:

it hurts the bubble or the players fighting for one of the last few rosters spots.

It could hurt the team, Buno.

You seem to forget that the mission is to win the Super Bowl.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You were.  I was taking about what I was talking about.

Keep up Georgetown Law 

Maybe you should change Mr. LETSGOBROWNIES to Mr. Non Sequitur?

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not at all, just takes a little more effort to try to keep boomers up to speed.

No guarantees or anything, but it’s honest work.

You sure are easily amused, whatever your generation.

Winning the Super Bowl is still JC Tretter's goal. He is staying away from team activities to preserve his body for the 17 game season and beyond. He is reassuring other players that they also have that right.

The correlation between OTA participation and Super Bowl victory is non-existent. Stop insulting your own intelligence by trying to tie the two together.  

7 hours ago, bruceb said:

You seem to forget that the mission is to win the Super Bowl.

is their direct correlation between Offseason activities attendance and superbowl success? now if you can prove that a certain % of attendance for voluntary workouts leads to making it to a conference title game, you would be right but there isnt.

guys shouldnt be punished for not spending their offseason at the team facilities or be punished for working out on their own to prepare themselves for mandatory team activities