Browns General Discussion

candyman93

5 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Winning the Super Bowl is still JC Tretter's goal. He is staying away from team activities to preserve his body for the 17 game season and beyond. He is reassuring other players that they also have that right.

The correlation between OTA participation and Super Bowl victory is non-existent. Stop insulting your own intelligence by trying to tie the two together.  

yeah there be issues if all these guys were coming in completely out of shape and unprepared for the season but we have seen plenty of the offensive guys working out on their own or with each other.

On 6/4/2021 at 12:40 PM, bruceb said:

Not to hurt labor.

To make unions work for the betterment of their members instead of for the betterment of themselves.

The union I am a part of has a very toxic leadership structure. They are clearly I  it for themselves- and they make a crwp ton of money.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

is their direct correlation between Offseason activities attendance and superbowl success? now if you can prove that a certain % of attendance for voluntary workouts leads to making it to a conference title game, you would be right but there isnt.

guys shouldnt be punished for not spending their offseason at the team facilities or be punished for working out on their own to prepare themselves for mandatory team activities  

No, there isn't.

Nor can certain of the data being used by the union (e.g., Close games and come from behind wins) be correlated to OTA attendance/nonattendance.

How are guys being punished?

14 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

The correlation between OTA participation and Super Bowl victory is non-existent. Stop insulting your own intelligence by trying to tie the two together. 

SB victory is more than a little extreme. Improving player/team performance fits better.

Building relationships with your teammates and coaches, improving your understanding of the schemes and playbooks, repetitions, opportunities for coaching-up, supervised diet and conditioning, etc., all almost certainly are better/best accomplished face-to-face rather than virtually, and almost certainly should add up to individual and team improvement.

I doubt that data exist to quantify any of those things.

Just as I doubt that the one year of injury data being thrown around is predictive of anything, and especially team performance, since it doesn't correlate with team performance and could be a one-off, and because it doesn't factor any of those things that are better accomplished face-to-face.

Common sense, however, says that in-person experiences should result in better individual play/team performance. Those should be the goals of every member of the team, imho.

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

The union I am a part of has a very toxic leadership structure. They are clearly I  it for themselves- and they make a crwp ton of money.

The ties between organized crime and unions in our country are legendary.

The two go hand-in-glove.

• Like 1

Yeah, screw unions. 8 hour work days, the weekend, minimum wage, worker’s compensation, labor laws, safety laws, health benefits.

Bring back the days of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire. We need more flammable materials and teenagers locked in their shop from the inside. Those were the days.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, screw unions. 8 hour work days, the weekend, minimum wage, worker’s compensation, labor laws, safety laws, health benefits.

Bring back the days of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire. We need more flammable materials and teenagers locked in their shop from the inside. Those were the days.

I didnt say that. Unions like many other giant systems are prone to corruption. 

At times working people are not represented as well as they could by either representative or their employers or the government. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I didnt say that. Unions like many other giant systems are prone to corruption. 

At times working people are not represented as well as they could by either representative or their employers or the government. 

I wasn’t saying it to you :) 

Unfortunately some are super corrupt.

44 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Nor are their customers/constituents. 

Witness the teacher unions' vs. students.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This is absolutely garbage.

Sincerely,

A teacher

Go fly that propaganda somewhere else.

I could be wrong but everything I read said the unions opposed students returning to the classrooms.

Is that incorrect?

19 hours ago, bruceb said:

How are guys being punished?

if you get hurt working out, you wont get paid.\

I understand losing out on money, if you were doing dumb stuff like 4 wheeling, jet skiing, but not working out to prepare for the season. 

Ja'Wuan James was being punished for it. Dude was doing work outs suggested to him by the coaches. He got hurt because he was on his own. Denver tried to without some of his money. Union was getting involved and then they just straight cut him.

• Like 1