Browns General Discussion

candyman93

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Zero chance Zaven Collins would have played LB for us. Sione is our biggest linebacker.

Our LBs will probably be: Walker, Takitaki, Phillips, JOK, and Fields.

Yeah, I think 1-4 are on lock down with JOK, Walker, Phillips, and Fields. The question becomes do they roster 5 or 6, and if 5, who wins the last spot between Takitaki, Mack, Smith, and the PS crew (Lee, Meander). I think with JOK/Fields' coverage ability, Takitaki probably takes the spot as the big, run defense guy for heavy sub packages.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FGK said:

Yeah, I think 1-4 are on lock down with JOK, Walker, Phillips, and Fields. The question becomes do they roster 5 or 6, and if 5, who wins the last spot between Takitaki, Mack, Smith, and the PS crew (Lee, Meander). I think with JOK/Fields' coverage ability, Takitaki probably takes the spot as the big, run defense guy for heavy sub packages.

And In my opinion, he was a solid Special Teams guy in year 1, in year 2 he was our best LB at setting the edge in the run game...and he made some big plays, I believe lone sack came on a 4th down this year, and I think the Pick 6 put us up on Philly.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

And In my opinion, he was a solid Special Teams guy in year 1, in year 2 he was our best LB at setting the edge in the run game...and he made some big plays, I believe lone sack came on a 4th down this year, and I think the Pick 6 put us up on Philly.

Not to mention the pick in the playoff game against the Squeelers.

I don't think we'll be cutting him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

It's a bit rough if takitaki doesnt make the team. He was decent last year.

He's making the team.

16 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

@NudeTayne higgins definitely doesnt have the body of an nfl player. He just looks like a guy

😠😡😤

Ffs get Kiwi, guys!

2 hours ago, Vee-Rex said:

Not to mention the pick in the playoff game against the Squeelers.

I don't think we'll be cutting him.

I still feel like we miss use him and have been since he got here. Whenever we use him as a blitzer off the edge or send him on a delay, he makes plays. Whenever he is asked to be a outside cover LB he gets eaten alive because thats not what he was ever good at in college.

He was good at getting off the edge in college and playing around the LOS. Make him do that now.

24 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I still feel like we miss use him and have been since he got here. Whenever we use him as a blitzer off the edge or send him on a delay, he makes plays. Whenever he is asked to be a outside cover LB he gets eaten alive because thats not what he was ever good at in college.

He was good at getting off the edge in college and playing around the LOS. Make him do that now.

The problem was, we had zero guys who were good cover LB's. As bad as he is at it, we had to ask him to do it because our personnel was so bad (I'm including the safeties here).

We have enough guys now who are "multiple" that Taki may not see the field much. That is, unless he improves.

Which is the way it should be...

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

After the Julio trade, If Beckham has a healthy season, and performs really well, I'm guessing the top of his value range is about a 2nd. 

The days of getting two 1sts for a top shelf wr are long gone. 

For a 30 something WR or one struggling with injuries, sure. I don't think OBJ is considered a top shelf WR even when healthy anymore. A top 20 guy but one that has struggled with injuries ad will turn 29 during the season.

There may not be a current WR that would get you two 1sts but there will be one again. Hopkins probably would have been close to that if it weren't the Texans trading him.

• Like 1