Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I’d trade Njoku to Washington for a 4th and call it a day. Harrison Bryant is going to be a stud. He just needs more muscle.

Berry wants draft capital to make his mark.

It’s why I predict Kareem Hunt will be traded before the trade deadline. Boost his value and then move him. I’m eyeballing Tampa Bay.

Is that the moneyball thing to do?  I don’t think so.  I will get raked over the coals for this by fans thinking with emotion and not their heads, but here is what I think happens in our RB room.  Chubb will go off and dominate the league this year and next.  Hunt will have a very good year this year as a weapon type of player that is all over the field.  Both are all pro talents.  Hunt will be extended after this year for a long term middle of the road RB type of contract which will be a bargain honestly.  After the 2021 season they will let Chubb walk and sign elsewhere for the largest RB contract in the league which will bring us a nice comp pick.  Then in 2022 Hunt takes over as the primary back.

Edited by DizzyDean
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Is that the moneyball thing to do?  I don’t think so.  I will get raked over the coals for this by fans thinking with emotion and not their heads, but here is what I think happens in our RB room.  Chubb will go off and dominate the league this year and next.  Hunt will have a very good year this year as a weapon type of player that is all over the field.  Both are all pro talents.  Hunt will be extended after this year for a long term middle of the road RB type of contract which will be a bargain honestly.  After the 2021 season they will let Chubb walk and sign elsewhere for the largest RB contract in the league which will bring us a nice comp pick.  Then in 2022 Hunt takes over as the primary back.

In all honesty, I agreed with 99% of what you said.

However, I can’t see a scenario where Hunt returns for cheap. If he did, then yes please. I would love for your scenario to happen.

52 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

In all honesty, I agreed with 99% of what you said.

However, I can’t see a scenario where Hunt returns for cheap. If he did, then yes please. I would love for your scenario to happen.

I didn’t say for cheap.  I said a middle of the road contract.  Hunt is also on record saying that he wants to finish his career with the Browns.

Looking at the defense. For me it comes down to Denzel Ward and Greedy Williams.

If Denzel can have a Stephon Gilmore / Tre White type of impact, that will allow the defense to do a LOT. I think he could have a monster season if healthy, he doesn’t face any “big” WRs except when we face Cincinnati, Philly, and Tennessee.

47 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Agree.

He as much as Mayfield has a lot to prove, imho.

He’s a really good player. Every stat I’ve read backs that up.

His flaws are health, tackling, and covering bigger dudes. It’s why I say his potential is Champ Bailey. Champ is .04 seconds faster in the 40, but they’re damn near identical physically and playing style.

I honestly don’t care about him tackling and playing with bigger dudes if he’s an elite cover guy. Deion Sanders became a legend playing that way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Looking at the defense. For me it comes down to Denzel Ward and Greedy Williams.

If Denzel can have a Stephon Gilmore / Tre White type of impact, that will allow the defense to do a LOT. I think he could have a monster season if healthy, he doesn’t face any “big” WRs except when we face Cincinnati, Philly, and Tennessee.

For me it’s about staying healthy and some linebackers stepping up and developing into quality players.  If both happen then the D can be pretty stout.  Those are 2 really big contingencies though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’d trade Njoku to Washington for a 4th and call it a day. Harrison Bryant is going to be a stud. He just needs more muscle.

Berry wants draft capital to make his mark.

It’s why I predict Kareem Hunt will be traded before the trade deadline. Boost his value and then move him. I’m eyeballing Tampa Bay.

I can dig it, and I liked H. Bryant also and think he was the 2nd best TE in the draft behind Kelmet, with a late 2nd/Early 3rd round grade on him, getting him where we did was a steal. But based off Njoku's "Potential" with 2 years left on his deal, I'm not interested in possibly letting another team Recognize that potential for the cost of a 3rd day pick, I'd rather keep him and see what he does this year. And if gets injured or dosent perform up to standard, I think based off his age and Athletic potential, he would still be worth a 3rd day pick next offseason. And we already have extra 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks in next years draft.

There are 2 scenario's I would be interested in.....trading him for a 2nd round pick in 2022 (year after next) or seeing if Indy is interested in him for a straight up swap for Malik Hooker. I am not interested in any deal that we have to give up additional assets (and then add a huge new contract), or trading him for a day 3 pick....I'd rather just keep him.

20 hours ago, bruceb said:

I say we keep them both if Hunt is on his best behavior,

Hunt and Chubb need to stay together as long as possible. Hunt is an absolute beast in all aspects of offense. Spoiled to have him as a backup/3rd down guy.