Browns General Discussion

candyman93

13 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Obj has 2.5 seasons of hof level play. And a couple of highlights from his time with the browns. 

The 92 yarder vs the jets and the run vs the cowboys.

He would need to regain that form and produce at that level for 4-5 more years to be considered for HOF, imho.

Not happening.

With the exception of Garrett, we really had no playmakers on our D last year.

Imagine having Johnson, who is pretty well-established, Harrison, if he can remain healthy, Delphin, if he is and can remain healthy, JOK and even LeCounte if he is healthy as depth replacing Redwine running around the field wrecking havoc.

Lot of "ifs", but it could be sweet.

19 hours ago, bruceb said:

Imagine having Johnson, who is pretty well-established, Harrison, if he can remain healthy, Delphin, if he is and can remain healthy, JOK and even LeCounte if he is healthy as depth replacing Redwine running around the field wrecking havoc.

Going from sendejo to jj3 is going from a bottom 5 starter across all positions to a top 5 player at his position. That only is a huge boost.

I love how we have gone from a slow secondary to a fast one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Going from sendejo to jj3 is going from a bottom 5 starter across all positions to a top 5 player at his position. That only is a huge boost.

I love how we have gone from a slow secondary to a fast one.

Add to that the additional speed at LB and even on the DL and this D might be fun to watch.

Imagine that!

I am super hyped for dpj, I think by seasons end he is our no.3 wr and we will be calling for him to be the starter. 

He has good size, with great hops and body control, his ball skills are good enough too. He is our replacement for obj.

Year 3 onwards I see him as a 70 receptions 1k yards 6-10 tds 

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I am super hyped for dpj, I think by seasons end he is our no.3 wr and we will be calling for him to be the starter. 

He has good size, with great hops and body control, his ball skills are good enough too. He is our replacement for obj.

Year 3 onwards I see him as a 70 receptions 1k yards 6-10 tds 

Really hope Baker spent a lot of time with him during the offseason. He’s got the highest potential out of every skill position player on the team.

DPJ and Njoku are the two guys I want to see put it all together.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Really hope Baker spent a lot of time with him during the offseason. He’s got the highest potential out of every skill position player on the team.

DPJ and Njoku are the two guys I want to see put it all together.

I was thinking... most of us assume Njoku is gone after this year. But what if he balls out? I'm not sure of the details of Hooper's contract, but maybe we could get out of that to pay Njoku. The dude vastly improved as a blocker last season and played well overall. Just didn't put up flashy numbers, but that's partly the nature of our offense. Still, if he has a great year he might price himself out when we'll have other players we'll need to extend.

5 hours ago, DawgX said:

I was thinking... most of us assume Njoku is gone after this year. But what if he balls out? I'm not sure of the details of Hooper's contract, but maybe we could get out of that to pay Njoku. The dude vastly improved as a blocker last season and played well overall. Just didn't put up flashy numbers, but that's partly the nature of our offense. Still, if he has a great year he might price himself out when we'll have other players we'll need to extend.

There would be 11 million in dead cap if we cut him next year and we'd save 2 million from his 13 million due. So unless we didn't think we would get 2 million of production from him I'd guess we'd hang on to him. Ya never know though, there could be a scenario where they'd rather have him off of the books in 2023 with no dead cap instead of a 7.5 million dead cap and let him go next year. Really depends on future contracts probably and the cap space for each year.

5 hours ago, DawgX said:

Vastly improved as a blocker when he wasnt drawning #1 TE blocking assignments. When ever Njoku was the lone TE, he was outwide. Occasionally when he was brought into to block in passing situations, he got beat more so than not

he played well but overall still couldnt outplay Bryant. Bryant had his issues late in the season with holding onto the ball and covid but coaches were trusting him more. Njoku was the only skill player to show up vs KC but he still has a lot to prove

40 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Vastly improved as a blocker when he wasnt drawning #1 TE blocking assignments. When ever Njoku was the lone TE, he was outwide. Occasionally when he was brought into to block in passing situations, he got beat more so than not

he played well but overall still couldnt outplay Bryant. Bryant had his issues late in the season with holding onto the ball and covid but coaches were trusting him more. Njoku was the only skill player to show up vs KC but he still has a lot to prove

I expect Bryant to take a leap this year but last year I wouldn't say he performed better than Njoku or even any random T.E. in the NFL. He had some moments that showed off his athleticism to keep us encouraged but all in all he seemed well below average for the year.

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I expect Bryant to take a leap this year but last year I wouldn't say he performed better than Njoku or even any random T.E. in the NFL. He had some moments that showed off his athleticism to keep us encouraged but all in all he seemed well below average for the year.

Still was a better blocker than Njoku. Hooper and Bryant didnt wow thats for sure but they were doing the dirty work. Njoku was used more as a WR than TE IMO except when it came to goal line 

On 7/9/2021 at 11:00 PM, bruceb said:

This is true but we also were fortunate to get timely turnovers in many forms throughout the season from unsung guys 

29 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Njoku is probably going to have a “breakout year” and get overpaid in Jacksonville the following year.

I wonder if we will get a comp pick for once

Edited by MSURacerDT55

A couple of players I am really looking forward to seeing in training camp are the young guys I'm looking to honestly see something from. I know our secondary looks good at this moment, but who is going to be that 5th CB.....the kid we broke the previous record with "for signing bonus for an UDFA" CB AJ Green out of Okla St. last year, it would be really good if he stepped up this year. I am also a huge fan of Curtis Weaver, I had him with a 2nd day grade coming out of Boise State in 2019...if this kid plays like he did there and improves like he did all 3 years at B. St., he could give us a starting caliber DE in our rotation. And last but not least Sheldrick Redwine, he was a good player Miami, versatile safety/slot CB...we will play a LOT of 3 man safety looks this year I think...and that means we need to keep 5 safeties and be at least 3 deep at starter and 2 deep as rotational safeties, Redwine could plug in at FS and Slot Safety I think we will be in solid situation, to alter looks, and to sustain injuries. 

• Like 1