Jump to content

Browns General Discussion


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And that’s on ownership.

Sashi had Berry here 3 years before we hired him and the two of them wanted to hire McDermott instead of Hue.  Haslam wanted Hue.  
 

How many other instances have their been like that?  I can’t even imagine…

Hoe many coaches got saddled with a lame duck GM or vice versa?  
 

Holmgren, Heckert and Shurmur was the last time we actually “did it right” as far as structure and that was like 6 dozen regimes ago.

It's 100% on ownership, I agree. Haslam finally got sick of the dysfunction and let his ego go out the door. He was in over his head, he thought he knew football. It wasnt until he brought a real football guy in where he realized he needs to sit in the shadows and let football guys do their thing that this finally started shaping up

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to to take this down a political route, but is anyone else concerned that JJ3 is an anti vaxer and is kind of outspoken about it, especially with the recent NFL news about forfeits?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

I don't want to to take this down a political route, but is anyone else concerned that JJ3 is an anti vaxer and is kind of outspoken about it, especially with the recent NFL news about forfeits?

It depends on the rest of the team. If he is a minority then it shouldn't be an issue. 

Her immunity starts at 90% 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

I don't want to to take this down a political route, but is anyone else concerned that JJ3 is an anti vaxer and is kind of outspoken about it, especially with the recent NFL news about forfeits?

What's he saying?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

I don't want to to take this down a political route, but is anyone else concerned that JJ3 is an anti vaxer and is kind of outspoken about it, especially with the recent NFL news about forfeits?

I probably should be more concerned about it, but I’d rather roll the dice with him than a staunch pro vaxxer like Sandejo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I probably should be more concerned about it, but I’d rather roll the dice with him than a staunch pro vaxxer like Sandejo. 

I’d rather he just get vaccinated like an adult with a functioning brain. 🤷‍♂️ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d rather he just get vaccinated like an adult with a functioning brain. 🤷‍♂️ 

The long-standing history of medical distrust, especially in certain communities, is a factor. I believe that we are seeing a “Boy Who cried Wolf” scenario play out at this point, and I’m not exactly sure what the answer is.

I can tell you that after seeing firsthand what minute battles I’ve had to face with insurance, providers, and the lack of support, helpfulness, communication, dialogue, etc that I faced this week taking my 4 year old (born with a cleft palate and lip) to the dentist, I can easily see why people get to this point. Due to BCMH and them being the closest provider, and them justifying not even cleaning g or brushing her teeth (just put fluoride on) and then after every question them saying “This is why she has her own team; we don’t deal with ______”, the entire medical community needs to ask themselves WHY people don’t trust them.

Sure, there are some absolute morons out there and those who will ever listen to reason, but others they’ve ostracized, belittled, and made out to be morons while having cheated them out of adequate healthcare and resources.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The long-standing history of medical distrust, especially in certain communities, is a factor. I believe that we are seeing a “Boy Who cried Wolf” scenario play out at this point, and I’m not exactly sure what the answer is.

I can tell you that after seeing firsthand what minute battles I’ve had to face with insurance, providers, and the lack of support, helpfulness, communication, dialogue, etc that I faced this week taking my 4 year old (born with a cleft palate and lip) to the dentist, I can easily see why people get to this point. Due to BCMH and them being the closest provider, and them justifying not even cleaning g or brushing her teeth (just put fluoride on) and then after every question them saying “This is why she has her own team; we don’t deal with ______”, the entire medical community needs to ask themselves WHY people don’t trust them.

Sure, there are some absolute morons out there and those who will ever listen to reason, but others they’ve ostracized, belittled, and made out to be morons while having cheated them out of adequate healthcare and resources.

For sure.

That said, in this instance all you have to do is walk into a pharmacy and get the shot for free.  It’s pretty simple, as you yourself know.

As far as people not trusting the medical community, they sure as **** will seek their help when their sick.  If you *really* distrust them, get the vaccine so you don’t need their help for extended periods of time.

And in your case, just an assumption here, the issue as it’s not necessarily just a medical issue, but blurred lines between medical and dental insurance, the latter of which is a bigger joke than the former. Those situations suck ***.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For sure.

That said, in this instance all you have to do is walk into a pharmacy and get the shot for free.  It’s pretty simple, as you yourself know.

Again, not disagreeing, but in my opinion, we as a society collectively after the last 5 years (*sigh*) need to take a step back, because while single term answers in some cases may suffice, often times they're inadequate and lazy. Saying people are dumb, racist, brainwashed, anti-vaxxers can absolutely be the case in some cases (Cole Beasley anyone?), but often times there are deeper seeded issues and a long personal history, whether that's medical, political, or otherwise. I don't know JJ3 personally, and I'm not willing to vouch for him or otherwise.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As far as people not trusting the medical community, they sure as **** will seek their help when their sick.  If you *really* distrust them, get the vaccine so you don’t need their help for extended periods of time.

I mean, I get it. That said, doctors giving different opinions, treatments, and having absolutely horrific bedside manners, not walking patients through things, etc. absolutely leads to people digging their heals in and majorly pushing back. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And in your case, just an assumption here, the issue as it’s not necessarily just a medical issue, but blurred lines between medical and dental insurance, the latter of which is a bigger joke than the former. Those situations suck ***.

Yes and no. When your kid goes in for 1 of her 2 free teeth cleanings a year, and her teeth aren't even brushed or cleaned, that's a problem. We called her insurance company to get a list of other providers (and her case worker is awesome), and found out we were the third people to complain in under a month about similar care/lack thereof from that office. And we have never called to complain or left a negative review until yesterday.

Using my kid's disability (that you can't even tell today looking at her, as she's 4...albeit her nose would give her away if you really looked closely as she's missing 1/2 of the bone; long story short, she'll have to get a nose job when she's a teenager to remedy the situation) as a cop out not to do your basic job, while passing the buck to "her surgical team", is nothing short of why some people don't trust the medical industry.

Throw in big pharma and the long-standing issues there, and here we are as a society.

JJ3 and a good portion of the rest of society could very well be absolute morons. JJ3 and a good portion of the rest of society could very well be victims of poor service, discriminatory service for a variety of reasons, and we as a society should look to figure out the disconnects and do a better job of bridging the gap instead of using lazy 1 word answers to define that group, which a lot of us are guilty of far too often.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, I get it. That said, doctors giving different opinions, treatments, and having absolutely horrific bedside manners, not walking patients through things, etc. absolutely leads to people digging their heals in and majorly pushing back. 

My mistrust of the medical profession began when I was 5-6 years old.

I had a sore throat. My mother took me to a doctor. He took a culture and said they would let her know in 48 hours whether I would need a prescription for an antibiotic. 

When we got into the car, I asked my mother: What good will medicine do in 48 hours...I will be well by then, and I was.

I was absolutely disgusted with my annual physical two years ago with a new doctor.

First question: "What hurts?" Huh?

Tried to push me into 3 different prescriptions to address bloodwork results that were "flagged" even though they were just over the line of "optimal" and into the 2nd bands of the scales.

Trying to push me into a $300 BP device, even though my BP was 124/64, which is not bad for an almost 69 year old.

Doctors today strike me more as salespeople of drug, medical equipment and treatments without evidence of conditions needing treatment than as physicians.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Again, not disagreeing, but in my opinion, we as a society collectively after the last 5 years (*sigh*) need to take a step back, because while single term answers in some cases may suffice, often times they're inadequate and lazy. Saying people are dumb, racist, brainwashed, anti-vaxxers can absolutely be the case in some cases (Cole Beasley anyone?), but often times there are deeper seeded issues and a long personal history, whether that's medical, political, or otherwise. I don't know JJ3 personally, and I'm not willing to vouch for him or otherwise.

I mean, I get it. That said, doctors giving different opinions, treatments, and having absolutely horrific bedside manners, not walking patients through things, etc. absolutely leads to people digging their heals in and majorly pushing back. 

Yes and no. When your kid goes in for 1 of her 2 free teeth cleanings a year, and her teeth aren't even brushed or cleaned, that's a problem. We called her insurance company to get a list of other providers (and her case worker is awesome), and found out we were the third people to complain in under a month about similar care/lack thereof from that office. And we have never called to complain or left a negative review until yesterday.

Using my kid's disability (that you can't even tell today looking at her, as she's 4...albeit her nose would give her away if you really looked closely as she's missing 1/2 of the bone; long story short, she'll have to get a nose job when she's a teenager to remedy the situation) as a cop out not to do your basic job, while passing the buck to "her surgical team", is nothing short of why some people don't trust the medical industry.

Throw in big pharma and the long-standing issues there, and here we are as a society.

JJ3 and a good portion of the rest of society could very well be absolute morons. JJ3 and a good portion of the rest of society could very well be victims of poor service, discriminatory service for a variety of reasons, and we as a society should look to figure out the disconnects and do a better job of bridging the gap instead of using lazy 1 word answers to define that group, which a lot of us are guilty of far too often.

I have no idea if this matters or is the same.  My son goes to a dentist that has a special needs day every month. They do everything they can to help the kids.  If they are doing good the teeth are cleaned and all is great.  If things aren’t going well then they do the best they can and we move on. It’s amazing how the entire staff handles it. Everyone is great. 
 

Maybe a place does something similar and give them a call and talk about the situation. 
 

 

As for JJ3 IMO this is America last time I checked. He is allowed to have an opinion on what does or doesn’t go into his body. I’m all for the vaxx, but that is me not him. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JDD said:

As for JJ3 IMO this is America last time I checked. He is allowed to have an opinion on what does or doesn’t go into his body. I’m all for the vaxx, but that is me not him. 

Agree, although in this case I hope that he sees his way clear to doing what's best for the team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bruceb said:
2 hours ago, JDD said:

As for JJ3 IMO this is America last time I checked. He is allowed to have an opinion on what does or doesn’t go into his body. I’m all for the vaxx, but that is me not him. 

Agree, although in this case I hope that he sees his way clear to doing what's best for the team.

No one should be forced but I see nothing wrong losing the right to do certain things if you are a risk to others. If it's political, stop thinking political, whichever side you're on. If you do your own homework and still have concerns that is your choice, but you certainly better be thinking of your family when making the decision. Dead uncles are real, this isn't a hoax.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost in the league's COVID announcement was this one:

Seems minor but it's not.

Teams will get to keep 16 players on practice squads and 4 players can be protected (other teams can't poach them). This seems to favor teams with strong and deep rosters.

Hey, that's us!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Again, not disagreeing, but in my opinion, we as a society collectively after the last 5 years (*sigh*) need to take a step back, because while single term answers in some cases may suffice, often times they're inadequate and lazy. Saying people are dumb, racist, brainwashed, anti-vaxxers can absolutely be the case in some cases (Cole Beasley anyone?), but often times there are deeper seeded issues and a long personal history, whether that's medical, political, or otherwise. I don't know JJ3 personally, and I'm not willing to vouch for him or otherwise.

Sure there are exceptions, but those aren’t why half the population isn’t vaccinated. We both know this.

22 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, I get it. That said, doctors giving different opinions, treatments, and having absolutely horrific bedside manners, not walking patients through things, etc. absolutely leads to people digging their heals in and majorly pushing back. 
 

Did this stuff just start happening?  Of course not.  So if this stuff has been happening for decades, why does everyone still get literally every other vaccine?  
 

There’s a small, fringe anti vax population whose minds were blown by the informational offerings of Jenny McCarthy and the like, but by and large (90%+) people get other vaccines.

22 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Yes and no. When your kid goes in for 1 of her 2 free teeth cleanings a year, and her teeth aren't even brushed or cleaned, that's a problem. We called her insurance company to get a list of other providers (and her case worker is awesome), and found out we were the third people to complain in under a month about similar care/lack thereof from that office. And we have never called to complain or left a negative review until yesterday.

Using my kid's disability (that you can't even tell today looking at her, as she's 4...albeit her nose would give her away if you really looked closely as she's missing 1/2 of the bone; long story short, she'll have to get a nose job when she's a teenager to remedy the situation) as a cop out not to do your basic job, while passing the buck to "her surgical team", is nothing short of why some people don't trust the medical industry.

Throw in big pharma and the long-standing issues there, and here we are as a society.

JJ3 and a good portion of the rest of society could very well be absolute morons. JJ3 and a good portion of the rest of society could very well be victims of poor service, discriminatory service for a variety of reasons, and we as a society should look to figure out the disconnects and do a better job of bridging the gap instead of using lazy 1 word answers to define that group, which a lot of us are guilty of far too often.

People can be as hesitant and skeptical as they like, but it doesn’t make their concerns based in facts and reality.

By and large the people who do know wtf they’re talking about take the vaccine.

https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/press-releases/ama-survey-shows-over-96-doctors-fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19

Data supports both efficacy and safety.  Anything arguing that is a misrepresentation of the facts.

And again, let’s be real about the situation, most people claiming skepticism related to the vaccine are arguing in bad faith. If they were skeptical but well meaning, they’d wear masks.  But they largely don’t do that either.

 

Sorry about the delay in responding, on the road all day.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...