Browns General Discussion

candyman93

8 hours ago, JDD said:

As for JJ3 IMO this is America last time I checked. He is allowed to have an opinion on what does or doesn’t go into his body. I’m all for the vaxx, but that is me not him. 

The same America that mandates multiple other vaccines for other professions, the military, public schools, etc?

Weird as hell to see a certain particular group of people all of a sudden glomming on the the “my body, my choice” mantra given their history on other topics too. (Not to say that’s you).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

Lost in the league's COVID announcement was this one:

Seems minor but it's not.

Teams will get to keep 16 players on practice squads and 4 players can be protected (other teams can't poach them). This seems to favor teams with strong and deep rosters.

Hey, that's us!

This all but assures no tough roster cuts for us.

Position groups like DT, OL, WR, and corner will benefit for sure.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sorry about the delay in responding, on the road all day.

Zero issues with that ever man :) 

Yesterday was our 10 year anniversary.

As for the rest of the post, what was/is the answer when the best case scenario of the vaccination rate was 70-75%? Serious question.

As for why I’m irked, I’m a grumpy old man who just saw our Ohio Governor say yesterday mask protocol for schools is coming next week. If I have to wear a mask again in triple digits outside (no data to support I should at all in that case) or in the classroom when all my students are 12 or older, and the fact that I’m fully vaccinated, I’m going to freak out.

• Like 1

I'm hoping the peer pressure will help get the ball rolling with the unvaccinated players.  BTW Cole Beasley...you are easily replaceable.  It will be interesting to see if fringe players are retained or cut based on their vaccination status!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/emmanuel-sanders-stefon-diggs-ramp-up-peer-pressure-on-cole-beasley-to-get-vaccinated-013803281.html

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The same America that mandates multiple other vaccines for other professions, the military, public schools, etc?

Weird as hell to see a certain particular group of people all of a sudden glomming on the the “my body, my choice” mantra given their history on other topics too. (Not to say that’s you).

The irony is palpable!!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Congrats!

As for the rest of the post, what was/is the answer when the best case scenario of the vaccination rate was 70-75%? Serious question.

The answers are fairly easy tbh.

First, the FDA needs to give full approval and not EUA.  At that point employers could easily start mandating it as a condition of employment.

Secondly, some specific television networks need to stop misinforming their viewers and throwing gas on the fire.  This shouldn’t be politicized.

Lastly vaccine passports.  Now I’m not saying ban unvaccinated people, simply show proof of vaccination or wear a mask, your body, your choice.

As for why I’m irked, I’m a grumpy old man who just saw our Ohio Governor say yesterday mask protocol for schools is coming next week. If I have to wear a mask again in triple digits outside (no data to support I should at all in that case) or in the classroom when all my students are 12 or older, and the fact that I’m fully vaccinated, I’m going to freak out.

I get the frustration, I do, but there are issues.

Just because they’re 12 or older doesn’t mean they got vaccinated, even if they themselves want to.  You’re at the mercy of your parents at that age.  In our neck of the woods I’d comfortably bet at least half the students won’t be vaccinated.

I’ve been incredulous at the idea there wouldn’t be a mask requirement in schools this year.  My son is 11.  He can’t get vaccinated.  Neither can most of his classmates.  Like, wtf changed since class was let out in May?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I'm hoping the peer pressure will help get the ball rolling with the unvaccinated players.  BTW Cole Beasley...you are easily replaceable.  It will be interesting to see if fringe players are retained or cut based on their vaccination status!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/emmanuel-sanders-stefon-diggs-ramp-up-peer-pressure-on-cole-beasley-to-get-vaccinated-013803281.html

I’m 100% certain they will be.  

Coaches aren’t risking penalties or any type of competitive disadvantage if there’s an easy solution.

The stars will so what they want, but in a position battle for the 3rd running back spot or 6th receiver or whatever, I’m guessing coaches will pick the vaccinated guy every time all other things being equal, and purely from a competitive advantage standpoint.

17 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Congrats!

It’s been an awesome 10 years. As I’ve said repeatedly, any guy who marries someone uglier and worse than him has no one but themselves to blame.

The answers are fairly easy tbh.

First, the FDA needs to give full approval and not EUA.  At that point employers could easily start mandating it as a condition of employment.

Secondly, some specific television networks need to stop misinforming their viewers and throwing gas on the fire.  This shouldn’t be politicized.

Lastly vaccine passports.  Now I’m not saying ban unvaccinated people, simply show proof of vaccination or wear a mask, your body, your choice.

To be fair, I’ve never heard of, seen, or experienced a vaccine with side effects that kick like a mule like the Covid vaccine. Throw in how it’s a virus and not truly a vaccine 1:1 correlation for others like bacteria vaccines/others that have close to a 100% success rate, and that’s also part of the hesitancy. I’m well aware how successful it’s been with hospitalizations and deadly symptoms, but the media can’t have it both ways with throwing “positive case numbers” out there on one hand and hospitalization on the other to then prove how deadly Covid is and simultaneously speak out about “that’s okay that you can still get it because hospitalization rate…” on the other. And the inverse is absolutely true as well.

I get the frustration, I do, but there are issues.

Just because they’re 12 or older doesn’t mean they got vaccinated, even if they themselves want to.  You’re at the mercy of your parents at that age.  In our neck of the woods I’d comfortably bet at least half the students won’t be vaccinated.

I understand the under 12 argument completely. As for the 12+, I'm firmly in the "cause and effect" camp. Parents be parents and let’s quit trying to solve societal issues and problems in our schools, because it’s not a viable solution.

I’ve been incredulous at the idea there wouldn’t be a mask requirement in schools this year.  My son is 11.  He can’t get vaccinated.  Neither can most of his classmates.  Like, wtf changed since class was let out in May?  

I totally understand the incredulity in the under 12 camp and am not minimizing that. For the rest of us, preaching the vaccine as the end game only to have it said “still wear a mask, still don’t see family, still don’t _____…” is disingenuous at worst and unrealistic at best.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 2

On 7/24/2021 at 2:15 AM, Thomas5737 said:

No one should be forced but I see nothing wrong losing the right to do certain things if you are a risk to others. If it's political, stop thinking political, whichever side you're on. If you do your own homework and still have concerns that is your choice, but you certainly better be thinking of your family when making the decision. Dead uncles are real, this isn't a hoax.

Agree, if you don't want to get the shot you have to go through different things to keep everyone safe. 

On 7/24/2021 at 8:20 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wonder what the team doctors are saying to players and what discussions they are allowed to have with the team as a whole. Do players trust them? 

• Like 1

I think Denzel Ward will be the first player extended. He plays an extremely important position at a high level. The organization has proven they understand the importance of building a secondary.

The only cause for concern is his injury history.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I think Denzel Ward will be the first player extended. He plays an extremely important position at a high level. The organization has proven they understand the importance of building a secondary.

The only cause for concern is his injury history.

I love Ward, but would be a tad hesitant to pay him top CB money given his injury history. I wouldn't hate on it if Berry does give him that money, but still a bit worried. But you could very well be right that he'll be the first one paid.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JDD said:

Agree, if you don't want to get the shot you have to go through different things to keep everyone safe. 

I wonder what the team doctors are saying to players and what discussions they are allowed to have with the team as a whole. Do players trust them? 

What the union says probably matters more.

57 minutes ago, bruceb said:

What the union says probably matters more.

I would guess that the peer pressure from the vaccinated players would matter MOST!

Imagine being an unvaccinated player that tests positive, and is the cause of either an outbreak or (heaven forbid) a cancelled game?  When people miss out on game checks, there will be some serious in-fighting.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2021 at 6:27 AM, MWil23 said:

Congrats