Browns General Discussion

candyman93

13 hours ago, DawgX said:

I love Ward, but would be a tad hesitant to pay him top CB money given his injury history. I wouldn't hate on it if Berry does give him that money, but still a bit worried. But you could very well be right that he'll be the first one paid.

I’m just guessing, but we:

Resign Denzel, Nick, and Baker.

Let go of Wyatt, OBJ, and Jarvis next year. We let Wyatt go because we trust Bill Callahan to develop o-line. We let OBJ and Jarvis go due to money and the constant influx of WR talent available in the draft every year.

Some surprises:

We resign Clowney and Ronnie Harrison.

13 hours ago, bruceb said:

What the union says probably matters more.

Well with the union agreeing to them losing out on game checks, I'd assume they want the players to get the shot and listen to people who say they should. 

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Show of hands if any of you would back anyone who costs you 1/17th of a year’s salary due to their beliefs?

Do they make a valid point? Is it something built on facts? I'd raise my hand then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I’m just guessing, but we:

Resign Denzel, Nick, and Baker.

Let go of Wyatt, OBJ, and Jarvis next year. We let Wyatt go because we trust Bill Callahan to develop o-line. We let OBJ and Jarvis go due to money and the constant influx of WR talent available in the draft every year.

Some surprises:

We resign Clowney and Ronnie Harrison.

I’d be very surprised if we signed Harrison. He’s gonna want to get paid. We’ll probably just move delpit over to that side or draft someone. The money won’t be there after we sign ward Chubb and baker. 

and I think clowney is one and done. He’s probably gonna be a mercenary the rest of his career like suh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDD said:

Do they make a valid point?

I’m going to need a viable reason for not getting a shot in the arm more than “freedom”. It needs to be medical and/or religious.

1 hour ago, JDD said:

Is it something built on facts? I'd raise my hand then

8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d be very surprised if we signed Harrison. He’s gonna want to get paid. We’ll probably just move delpit over to that side or draft someone. The money won’t be there after we sign ward Chubb and baker. 

and I think clowney is one and done. He’s probably gonna be a mercenary the rest of his career like suh. 

You might be right about clowney and I didn’t think about the Suh comp.

However, I could see the front office wanting Ronnie to be a basically undersized LB. He’s not gonna command huge bucks.

Edited by candyman93

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We let Wyatt go because we trust Bill Callahan to develop o-line

Yes you believe in him but you cant potentially let a top5 overall guard walk out. Rather move ln from Joel than let Wyatt walk. Also if we sign Ward Baker and Chubb, wyatt is perfect for the tag

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1