Browns General Discussion

candyman93

13 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Without completely hijacking the thread, public education was created and meant for educating all kids in curriculum, namely off of the cusp of an immigration boom, both of which I’m 💯 in favor of. 

From there, the rest of the above I’m glad that we offer, but calling them a solution is absolutely laughable. They’re band aids and a byproduct of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs in that of ones basic life functions and security aren’t met,  the rest is moot.

TL; DR, my key word above was societal solution.

Teachers aren’t a SOLUTION for abuse.

Free school lunches 6-18 aren’t a SOLUTION for hunger and child poverty.

Pushing kids through to get degrees who can barely read and yet others thrive when the quality of your local school is dependent upon the median home value isn’t a SOLUTION.

So, yeah that’s what I meant. I’m not disagreeing about doing everything we can on that level, but it’s funny how things not in my job description keep getting dumped on me when maybe other jobs and professions who are more equipped to deal with things should shoulder the load, but no one stops to think about it like that, so education isn’t about curriculum (nor should it ever solely be!), but we shouldn’t be throwing our hands in the air wondering why “the system is failing our kids” either.

Thank you for 411

It’s going to be really interesting to see how contract negotiations with Denzel Ward go.

If we extend Wyatt Teller, we might let Denzel walk. As crazy as that sounds, they could just tell Greg Newsome in 2 years “Hey, you’re the guy.”

That would be a unexpected plot twist. However, it would show this franchise values offense >>>>. This league has shown you can win a crap ton of games being offensive heavy with a mediocre defense.

I obviously don’t know what kind of culture or philosophy this team wants. However, if you want to be an explosive offense, you need to keep guys like Wyatt + Jarvis + OBJ. Then you just kind hope cheap rookies can help the defense.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

It’s going to be really interesting to see how contract negotiations with Denzel Ward go.

If we extend Wyatt Teller, we might let Denzel walk. As crazy as that sounds, they could just tell Greg Newsome in 2 years “Hey, you’re the guy.”

That would be a unexpected plot twist. However, it would show this franchise values offense >>>>. This league has shown you can win a crap ton of games being offensive heavy with a mediocre defense.

I obviously don’t know what kind of culture or philosophy this team wants. However, if you want to be an explosive offense, you need to keep guys like Wyatt + Jarvis + OBJ. Then you just kind hope cheap rookies can help the defense.

It depends what ward wants in my opinion, I doubt we give him top of the market 5 years 100 million. 

If he takes 4 years and 70 million  I think we would do it. 

He is probably a top 10 corner, not a top 5.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

It depends what ward wants in my opinion, I doubt we give him top of the market 5 years 100 million. 

I think you’re right.

With how the NFL is changing. Is it better to have quality or quantity at CB? Regardless of if we pay Denzel or not, CB is a position you should draft every single year along with WR and OL. They can be mid to late round picks.

On 8/5/2021 at 12:58 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Gilmore got 5 years 65M. I think that’s in line with what ward would get. Maybe 5 for 70. No way he gets 100M. That’s Ramsey money. 

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

He's out now with "soreness".

I'm happy with that I'd rather he doesnt aggriavte anything. Near everyone gets injured in camp

I don't want to see Ward in the pre season, along with myles, clowney, hunt, chubb, obj, landry. 

I want a few snaps from Baker, the line to protect him.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:34 AM, candyman93 said:

Then you do realize this puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the DC that his system can carry a defense and judging from last year, im not overly confident of that.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:34 AM, candyman93 said:

I think a lot of it is Berry waiting to untangle the box of extension cords that our previous GM handed him with the WR contracts we currently have. Thats the elephant in the room right now because I think this year is the last ride for the OBJ/Landry bromance.

He might be trying to buy himself 1 more year before he can get rid of or restructure those WR contracts to free up space for Ward/Baker/Teller/ect

I think OBJs contract is sitting there as a giant roadblock for these other guys to get extended early. If I was a betting man, I would bet OBJ is traded next offseason as long as he puts something solid together and Landry gets reworked with a 3 yr extention for around 9M/yr. carrying him through age 32 where he would likely then retire.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think a lot of it is Berry waiting to untangle the box of extension cords that our previous GM handed him with the WR contracts we currently have. Thats the elephant in the room right now because I think this year is the last ride for the OBJ/Landry bromance.

He might be trying to buy himself 1 more year before he can get rid of or restructure those WR contracts to free up space for Ward/Baker/Teller/ect

I think OBJs contract is sitting there as a giant roadblock for these other guys to get extended early. If I was a betting man, I would bet OBJ is traded next offseason as long as he puts something solid together and Landry gets reworked with a 3 yr extention for around 9M/yr. carrying him through age 32 where he would likely then retire.

The thing is, if OBJ goes back to healthy prime OBJ, his contract is a bargain. Also, I could see Landry being one of those types to play until 35-37 years old. He's gritty and been relatively healthy, was never a burner and is most talented at hands and route running.

18 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

The thing is, if OBJ goes back to healthy prime OBJ, his contract is a bargain. Also, I could see Landry being one of those types to play until 35-37 years old. He's gritty and been relatively healthy, was never a burner and is most talented at hands and route running.

Yeah, but on the other hand with Jarvis he can't really afford to lose a step