Browns General Discussion

candyman93

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lucky he ain’t coaching in NE Ohio, there’s be a mob at his front door.

TBH, if he wasn't a former NFL QB, and/or Phil Dawson wasn't supportive of him in some capacity, he'd be out of a job today. Not an exaggeration.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TBH, if he wasn't a former NFL QB, and/or Phil Dawson wasn't supportive of him in some capacity, he'd be out of a job today. Not an exaggeration.

No exaggeration at all no.

This kind of **** is unacceptable tbh. Learn to communicate without putting your hands on someone.  Learn to de escalating ffs, you’re the damned adult.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No exaggeration at all no.

This kind of **** is unacceptable tbh. Learn to communicate without putting your hands on someone.  Learn to de escalating ffs, you’re the damned adult.

I've "put my hands on a kid" in two very specific instances:

1. Stepping in to stop a fight (just grabbed by the pads with one hand and put myself in between him and another teammate) to de-escalate the situation and intervene.

2. To be a literal shoulder to cry on after Senior Night. It happens every year.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

1. Stepping in to stop a fight (just grabbed by the pads with one hand and put myself in between him and another teammate) to de-escalate the situation and intervene.

2. To be a literal shoulder to cry on after Senior Night. It happens every year.

Both totally acceptable. Hell a shove out of celebration, smack on the helmet, etc, cool.  Context is everything. 

Being physically aggressive to a child out of anger is not. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I grabbed a kid once that I had been coaching for 4 years and was tight with who had a tendency to give up on himself. Turned him around by a shoulder pad and gave him a "you believe in yourself" talk. But other than that, yeah, stopping fights, praying with kids after a bad loss, that's about it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FGK said:

I grabbed a kid once that I had been coaching for 4 years and was tight with who had a tendency to give up on himself. Turned him around by a shoulder pad and gave him a "you believe in yourself" talk. But other than that, yeah, stopping fights, praying with kids after a bad loss, that's about it. 

Yeah that’s cool and being supportive.

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

This team is as good as the 2018 Rams and 2019 49ers. 

To win the super bowl, we need OBJ to be a monster.

Not really, really need Clowney to be a monster. If Garrett is healthy he will be one. There won’t be a lot of teams who could block that duo