Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Not really, really need Clowney to be a monster. If Garrett is healthy he will be one. There won’t be a lot of teams who could block that duo

I think we just need JOK to stay healthy. Our LBs after him are JAGs. He determines everything we can do on defense. If he goes down we can’t rely on one LB to do it all. He’s the only one with the all around toolset. He can make up for the secondary getting hurt and delpits many injuries I expect. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think we just need JOK to stay healthy. Our LBs after him are JAGs. He determines everything we can do on defense. If he goes down we can’t rely on one LB to do it all. He’s the only one with the all around toolset. He can make up for the secondary getting hurt and delpits many injuries I expect. 

It seems like they want walker out there a lot.

I agree though jok is the best lb by far.

36 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If OBJ doesn’t step up, who’s your man to man beater? You’ll survive during the regular season until you face a team that plays tight man to man press coverage in the playoffs.

I dont think that’s totally necessary to have win. But Schwartz should be that guy over the top if he can actually play professional WR. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I dont think that’s totally necessary to have win. But Schwartz should be that guy over the top if he can actually play professional WR. 

He only has to be Breshard Perriman good to be helpful imo, Baker can find him, he doesnt have to do amazing job tracking the ball. 

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think we are going to keep adding burners to the offense each year, with Bakers arm and accuracy I think they will cause the defense to stretch. 

I agree.

The NFL protects WRs that are smaller but fast as hell. Props to Kansas City for figuring that out first.

I think being explosive is the main attribute. DPJ is a 4.4 guy, but he’s got hops for days. Chubb is a 4.5 guy, but he’s got  power and burst.

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think being explosive is the main attribute. DPJ is a 4.4 guy, but he’s got hops for days. Chubb is a 4.5 guy, but he’s got  power and burst.

This is key.

I do not think LeCounte or JOK have great straight line speed.

But they get into top gear in closing situations almost instantly.

I will take that any day over straight line speed.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Baker’s arm.

He doesn’t need huge windows.

Plus we've got Schwartz to take the top off unlike anybody could last year. And the DPJ year two leap sure seems to be real from camp and the preseason.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Due to guys we released, we’re looking at 12 mil in cap space.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cleveland-browns/

I’ve said this numerous times, but I don’t see Tretter returning given his age and contract next year. Really hope DPJ has a breakout year because that will make things REALLY easy going forward.

Hooper needs to show up this year to have a prayer of being here beyond this year.