Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Kind of weird, but our front office is MUCH better at scouting linemen then other positions since we’ve hired Depo.

Our free agent booms: Conklin, Teller, Clowney, and maybe McDowell.

Our free agent busts: OBJ, Hooper, and possibly JJIII.

Obviously they’ve been fantastic finding RBs and hit / miss on WRs.

Edited by candyman93

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I dont think OBJ lasts the week, i think it is over. 

Im calling OBJ to the pats for a 3rd. 

I'd accept that trade without thinking twice about it, but I'd be shocked if OBJ is traded this season, let alone for a pick as high as a third.

• Like 1

We're 3-2. Really tough game next week followed by a short week when we're pretty banged up. Things could get ugly.

BUT, we haven't seen our team play at its full potential. We've yet to get a top performance from the offense and defense in the same game. We've seen flashes of how good both sides of the ball can play, but they've both been inconsistent. When the offense steps up, the defense falters and vice versa. Once we start having games where both our offense and defense plays as well as they're capable of, we'll be dangerous. Injuries may prevent that from happening, though.

17 minutes ago, DawgX said:

We're 3-2. Really tough game next week followed by a short week when we're pretty banged up. Things could get ugly.

BUT, we haven't seen our team play at its full potential. We've yet to get a top performance from the offense and defense in the same game. We've seen flashes of how good both sides of the ball can play, but they've both been inconsistent. When the offense steps up, the defense falters and vice versa. Once we start having games where both our offense and defense plays as well as they're capable of, we'll be dangerous. Injuries may prevent that from happening, though.

I think Arizona smashes us, but we beat Denver and go on a win streak.

Injuries are a problem and will likely be the the biggest determining factor over the next few weeks.

We can put the Baker thing to bed, he played fine.

BUT….

We need Myles to be effective and Clowney on the field.

We need these corners to get right. Ward and Newsome both being out is.. rough.

I honestly don’t know wtf is happening at OT. I can’t remember another time when a team was playing OT5 in week 5 when everyone was healthy to start the season.

Apologies to Baker this morning. That was not the right game to call him out for what happened late in the 4th quarter. I stand by wanting to see him lead the team to a signature 4th quarter comeback win (honestly, who wouldn't), but the offense played great yesterday. 

I think my anger towards the refs got a little misdirected.... just so many bad calls. 

Also, is anyone else getting more stressed when watching games now that we have true expectations? For some reason it felt less stressful when we were the underdog in pretty much every game. 

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Our free agent busts: OBJ, Hooper, and possibly JJIII.

I don’t think Hooper is a bust. Dude does make a huge impact in the run game and passing blocking. We saw Njoku get abused by James yesterday when he blindsided Baker. Hooper got tasked with helping with blocking more because of injuries to our tackles.