Browns General Discussion

candyman93

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Joe woods defense entirely depends on 2 of the most freakish DEs ever to be effective. And with one out yesterday it fell apart. Woods still trash. 

Just seems like when he doesn’t have his corners, he is afraid to blitz because once Ward was out and he was stuck with greedy and Green as the DBs he didn’t want to run man anymore

5 minutes ago, BgDawg said:

Also, is anyone else getting more stressed when watching games now that we have true expectations?

Yes.

I honestly thought I was past this. Kinda made a personal vow years ago that I was no longer going to let the Browns dictate the quality of my weekend, but I've fallen off the wagon.

• Like 2

The third and fourth down defense yesterday was absolutely unacceptable. That's the reason (aside from officiating) as to why we lost.

We can't just expect our defensive ends to bail us out on third down and fourth down every single game/time. Against good to great quarterbacks, as we've seen with Mahomes and Herbert, that's not a viable solution.

I took this L a little easier because of how depleted the roster was paired with that egregious PI call on 4th down

They need to figure out the pass rush in the next few weeks. Garrett is going to get chipped and doubled a lot, can't depend on him to wreck the game, someone has to step up

The impact of Clowney on our defense was very noticeable without him out there

Edited by TeHDruiD
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The third and fourth down defense yesterday was absolutely unacceptable. That's the reason (aside from officiating) as to why we lost.

Yeah they had no concerns about our defense.  4th down on their 20 something and there was no doubt they were going for it.

55 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

We can't just expect our defensive ends to bail us out on third down and fourth down every single game/time. Against good to great quarterbacks, as we've seen with Mahomes and Herbert, that's not a viable solution.

yeah at some point someone else is gonna have to step up.

We’ve spent too much money and resources on the back end to be getting torched like we have.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Also, blown coverage TD, especially in the “explosive play” category, cannot happen at the NFL level. It happened twice yesterday. 

And almost a 3rd time with that Cook reception.

Dude was just standing by himself when he caught the ball.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 2

This game was bad from a coaching perspective.  Definitely a learning experience.  If we stop them on that 4th on their 25 we win this game. Forget the bad ref calls, while terrible they had so many chances to win. Game was decided by bad play calling.  Not calling for heads to roll just a better philosophy with a lead. If we are playing a good offense running and hiding with a 10 point lead is pointless. Score more and keep playing your offense plan. Don’t get conservative early since it almost bite our ***** last year and it did twice this year.