Browns General Discussion

candyman93

He drops a punt snap against Kansas City, OK, mistakes happen. Sucks, but you move on. But throughout the duration of the season he goes on to have terrible punts that have like a two -second hang time. He’s reverse-redeeming himself and I want answers. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

He drops a punt snap against Kansas City, OK, mistakes happen. Sucks, but you move on. But throughout the duration of the season he goes on to have terrible punts that have like a two -second hang time. He’s reverse-redeeming himself and I want answers. 

Yeah the dropped snap was unfortunate, but doesn’t really move the needle.

He needs to be replaced because of all the snaps he didn’t drop lol.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah the dropped snap was unfortunate, but doesn’t really move the needle.

He needs to be replaced because of all the snaps he didn’t drop lol.

Prime example was his last punt. We gave the ball to the Chargers at our side of midfield. The punt returners actually run in frantically just to have time to make a play on the punt. That’s not how it’s supposed to work.

• Like 1

The bell curve model says that the bottom quarter of guys at a position should be concerned about their job. So, what does that say about a punter that has had consecutive years of really bad punting and is easily the worst in the league as of now? Each year, you see a quarter of the head coaches, a quarter of the quarterbacks, etc. get shuffled around. Somebody is better than this guy. I have to believe it. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Prime example was his last punt. We gave the ball to the Chargers at our side of midfield. The punt returners actually run in frantically just to have time to make a play on the punt. That’s not how it’s supposed to work.

Or the punt where we had a chance to pin them deep and he booms it 50 yards for a touchback.

I can live with a guy who has a monster leg and booms punts for 50-55 yards regularly but isn’t great at precision kicks.

I can live with a guy who doesn’t have a great leg to flip the field, but has very good control over spin, location, etc, and can pin teams.

I can’t live with a guy who’s a complete wildcard.

• Like 2

More than all of that, it's not like we're hurting for cap space so badly that we can't sign someone better off the streets right this second.

This team is too loaded everywhere else to potentially lose (multiple) games because of a PUNTER.

IMO we found a major diamond in our kicker, let's at least get a replacement level player in a guy who we don't even need to use that often who is capable during those moments that we need to actually flip the field. It's going to be huge against the Baltimore's and Pittsburgh's of this world with their defense at points this season, not to mention Denver and New England.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

More OL and DB's going down...at least they can have a 3 TE set and use Bryant as their blocking FB type and run routes out of the backfield.

I'm terrified to see the fallout of Ward, Greedy, JOK, Myles, and Clowney tbh.