Browns General Discussion

candyman93

On 10/23/2021 at 4:07 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

How does extending obj or Landry make sense to save money? Reworking their deals would but why would they want to do that?

I think redoing their deals is probably very possible and likely. after this season, even during this season, we could release both, or trade them, and save a ton of cap space by doing so. Let's say the conversation is made to release them and terminate their contract. Are either one of those guys going to get a new deal with another team that's anywhere close to the figures they are at now? I could totally see something like that happening, where they can go test the water and see what they get offered elsewhere, but I have a feeling at least Landry would be coming back on a bit of a cheaper deal here. 

47 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I think redoing their deals is probably very possible and likely. after this season, even during this season, we could release both, or trade them, and save a ton of cap space by doing so. Let's say the conversation is made to release them and terminate their contract. Are either one of those guys going to get a new deal with another team that's anywhere close to the figures they are at now? I could totally see something like that happening, where they can go test the water and see what they get offered elsewhere, but I have a feeling at least Landry would be coming back on a bit of a cheaper deal here. 

I’d be willing to rework Landry with a modest extension, but (shockingly to everyone I’m sure) I’m either trading or cutting OBJ.  

There is literally no reason to keep him.

• Like 1

I'm INTRIGUED to see if we can get Njoku on a reasonable mid term deal. I like him.

I'm interested to see if we can get Higgins on a bargain.

I really want to know what the FO is going to do with OBJ (trade or cut IMO), Teller (comp pick value or do they commit???), and Clowney.

I think unfortunately D'Ernest priced himself out as our third back, but I absolutely wish him the best going forward.

Baker, Ward, Greedy, and a few others have a BIG YEAR in 2022.

Hooper's contract is an anchor right now...such a bad deal and bad value there. That's about the only complaint I have from our FO so far...but everyone is going to have a whiff here and there.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d be willing to rework Landry with a modest extension, but (shockingly to everyone I’m sure) I’m either trading or cutting OBJ.  

There is literally no reason to keep him.

I'm close to tapping out on him as well. It is becoming painfully obvious that he's not made for this offense

You could see Thursday he caught a few passes in a row and was getting fired up on the sideline, he didn't see the field for the rest of that drive. I think he needs peppered with passes as him being the focal point, that's not how this offense operates

There is still a part of me that thinks it all could work with OBJ, but injuries have costed he and Baker time together in this offense and on top of it he's dropping easy stuff which kills everything. I'd like to finish the year off, but I wouldn't be mad if he gets dealt before the deadline, he won't be here next year anyways

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If Baker has final say, he'll tell them he wants to see if it heals on it's own

4-6 months is a weird one at this point in the season, it's either shut him down now and count on Keenum or let Baker go until his arm falls off

You almost have to assume Baker is going to get wrecked again, I'm not sure you count on him to finish the year

Edited by TeHDruiD

The internal discussion will be whether they think they can make the playoffs with Keenum or not

I admittedly am a bit behind on this, Baker can't see the field until it heals, correct? If that's the case, I'm not sure we see him again this year anyways

1 minute ago, TeHDruiD said:

The internal discussion will be whether they think they can make the playoffs with Keenum or not

I admittedly am a bit behind on this, Baker can't see the field until it heals, correct? If that's the case, I'm not sure we see him again this year anyways

It’s not going to heal on its own, it’s a complete tear.  It will need to be surgically repaired.

The only issue is pain management and any potential further damage that may happen.

If they can give him an injection that keeps the pain reasonable, he may be able to play.  If not, or if he keeps dislocating it, he may just have to shut it down and get surgery.

16 minutes ago, TeHDruiD said:

There is still a part of me that thinks it all could work with OBJ, but injuries have costed he and Baker time together in this offense and on top of it he's dropping easy stuff which kills everything. I'd like to finish the year off, but I wouldn't be mad if he gets dealt before the deadline, he won't be here next year anyways

Yeah he’s not a great fit for the offense at all, he needs volume like you said.

I wish it would have worked, we all thought it would, but it’s been painfully obvious for 3 years that they just don’t play well together. We can debate the reasons, but facts are facts.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s not going to heal on its own, it’s a complete tear.  It will need to be surgically repaired.

The only issue is pain management and any potential further damage that may happen.

If they can give him an injection that keeps the pain reasonable, he may be able to play.  If not, or if he keeps dislocating it, he may just have to shut it down and get surgery.

Yeah my bad, I was referring to the fractured humerus 

• Like 1

I was saying all off season that I wouldn't be surprised if we used a high pick on WR. They went defense and after how bad our defense was last year I love it. I think this will be the year where they start pinpointing the type of receiver they want and actively attack the WR position

No one aside from Schwartz was brought in by this front office. I think we're going to get to see the vision they have for the offense soon. I'm genuinely curious what type of WR they prefer