Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Just now, TeHDruiD said:

I was saying all off season that I wouldn't be surprised if we used a high pick on WR. They went defense and after how bad our defense was last year I love it. I think this will be the year where they start pinpointing the type of receiver they want and actively attack the WR position

No one aside from Schwartz was brought in by this front office. I think we're going to get to see the vision they have for the offense soon. I'm genuinely curious what type of WR they prefer

DPJ and Felton too.

Personally I’d be surprised if we spend a first on a WR, but I think day 2 is a definite possibility.

If Jarvis is back the need could be minimal.  DPJ, Jarvis, Felton, Schwartz, possibly Higgins on another team friendly deal.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

DPJ and Felton too.

Personally I’d be surprised if we spend a first on a WR, but I think day 2 is a definite possibility.

If Jarvis is back the need could be minimal.  DPJ, Jarvis, Felton, Schwartz, possibly Higgins on another team friendly deal.

I actually agree with that take, we need to keep building DL depth. To me that is #1, we need some dawgs on the DL to rotate

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s hard finding talented linemen. Keep Clowney and Teller.

When you play the money game with linemen, you end up doing what the 49ers did. They lost Buckner and their defense fell apart.

Talented OL are definitely rare, we got lucky to get a beast like Teller for a 5th, now we gotta keep him. He's young too. He needs paid.

In terms of Clowney, I've enjoyed watching him, I'm just concerned he's going to overprice himself with his production then pulls a Haynesworth, gets a big contract and says screw working

Will 10-7 make the playoffs?

I think we go 3-3 in the division. That’s 7 wins. We beat New England and Detroit, there’s 9 wins. We can split between the Raiders / Packers (probably the Raiders).

Hopefully Kansas City just falls off a cliff.

Edited by candyman93

5 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Oh man, sorry dude. Didn't know you were doing it.

Mods, feel free to delete mine.

Honestly, you did me a favor. Was just about to start on it. Work has been running me lately. I appreciate not looking like a disappointment around here. 😀

Keep the thread!!!

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Will 10-7 make the playoffs?

I think we go 3-3 in the division. That’s 7 wins. We beat New England and Detroit, there’s 9 wins. We can split between the Raiders / Packers (probably the Raiders).

Hopefully Kansas City just falls off a cliff.

I don't think 10-7 will make the playoffs.  I certainly feel 11 wins is a must.  

22 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm INTRIGUED to see if we can get Njoku on a reasonable mid term deal. I like him.

I'm interested to see if we can get Higgins on a bargain.

I really want to know what the FO is going to do with OBJ (trade or cut IMO), Teller (comp pick value or do they commit???), and Clowney.

I think unfortunately D'Ernest priced himself out as our third back, but I absolutely wish him the best going forward.

Baker, Ward, Greedy, and a few others have a BIG YEAR in 2022.

Hooper's contract is an anchor right now...such a bad deal and bad value there. That's about the only complaint I have from our FO so far...but everyone is going to have a whiff here and there.

Hooper's contract isn't good, but we are still able to get out of it and save some cap space by doing so. I believe if we cut pre-June 1 we would save around 3 mil, if we cut post June 1, it would save like 9 mil 

• Like 1